• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Crashedfiesta

PCW9512 - Brightness/Contrast Controls

I've acquired a PCW9512 which works (or at least shows the expected white screen with no disk inserted - disks are on order). In the process of removing the cover it became obvious that someone has previously broken the contrast and brightness knobs so when I went to pull the plastic covers off...
  2. Crashedfiesta

Torch Triple X c1985.

My work colleague has been at it again and given me a Torch Triple X computer with various other bits and pieces including schematics, manuals, loads of disks and cables. I've been very cautious about just whacking power into it (good job too) and I've learnt a lot about floppy disks and the...
  3. Crashedfiesta

Unbranded 5 1/4 inch floppy drive weirdness

I've acquired a Torch Triple X and have been trying to use the floppy drive with a Greaseweazle to preserve the disks that came with it. The drive itself has no branding but is a standard shugart interface set to drive 2. It works - or at least operates - with the Greaseweazle but I wasn't...
  4. Crashedfiesta

Amiga Apollo 1230 MK2 - RAM not detected. :(

So I have an Apollo 1230 MK2 which, when I first tried it, had 8mb of fast RAM. It's been in a (dry) box for the last few months and I pulled it out last night after I recapped one of my A1200s to try again but now no fast RAM. Amiga Test Kit reports the 68030 at 50Mhz (but crystal is 40Mhz?)...
  5. Crashedfiesta

TES-200 Logic Chip Tester

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but it's about a tool I use on my vintage computers. ;) I've acquired a 'cheapo' logic chip tester to test some of the logic chips in my Cifer CP/M machine and, by and large, I'm pretty happy with it. But what I have noticed is that it...
  6. Crashedfiesta

Cifer 1887 G c.1983 - CP/M / UNIX machine

Another acquisition. This time I've been given a Cifer Series 1 model 1887 G. It's a CP/M based machine that also has (apparently) the capability to run an early version of UNIX. I haven't switched it on yet for unsurprising reasons that the pictures should make clear. :) It also comes with a...
  7. Crashedfiesta

Amiga 2000 Rev 4 major memory issues

(Wasn't sure if this was best here or in Technical Support!) I recently acquired an A2000 (for free!) from a nice chap. The power supply was completely borked (outputting 6.5v on the 5v lines and 9v on everything else...) so I hooked up an ATX power supply. The battery had leaked so I had to...
  8. Crashedfiesta

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

Hi all, my first post. I've got an Epson PX-8 which was a donation from one of my work colleagues. He also gave me a couple of boxes that I started to look at today. They are a UD-80 Video Display Controller and a DS-8 Device Switch. I'm focussing on the display controller for now and, after a...
Back