• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Repairing a 1997 Toshiba SCSI CD-ROM drive

I received a 1997 Toshiba internal cd-rom drive, SCSI, conditon unknown. I have no other SCSI hardware or cables at the moment, those arrive at a later stage. But I understand that even with nothing but power connected to it (and I've confirmed it gets 12v and 5v), this drive should function as...
  2. N

Amiga Promigos external drive

My Amiga 500 now has an internal Gotek as primary drive. I use a Promigos branded external floppy drive as secondary. It works just fine. I'm wondering though, internet says that Promigos as a PCB is an HD floppy interface for Amiga. Does that mean my Promigos drive has this feature too and...
  3. N

1988 Sony kv-p14d trinitron CRT repair

This is a 14 inch compact housing PAL trinitron with SCART, ideal for my RGB modded computers. But, something is wrong. The screen is tilted and the sides discolored. Would this be the yoke that got loose and moved away from the tube plus tilted? (Ignore the dark horizontal bands and moire...
  4. N

Testing/Repairing ST's

I have, untested and no known history: -a 1040STFM -a1040STF -520ST I have no power supply for the 520, and no monitor cable. So I wanted to start with the FM so I could use its video output. I thought this was a composite out, but I think it's RF? That would explain why I don't get video on...
  5. N

Repairing a C128D

I've just tested my C128D. It appears to boot OK in C128 mode, also in C64 mode. I've successfully loaded games in C64 mode. Problems: -no power LED. Might just be the LED itself. Ignore for the moment. -bigger problem: part of the keyboard doesn't work. In particular: ...-everything between 8...
  6. N

ZX Spectrum+ no color

I have hooked up a Speccy to my modern TV using its antenna input and found its analog channel. The Speccy boots, the copyright screen is sharp and readable. The logic seems to work: I can get it to beep with the beep command. I can change border colors. Well, here comes the problem. I don't...
  7. N

Which one to keep? C64/C128D

I have two breadbox C64 and a C128D (metal case). I haven't tested them yet, but let's assume all of them work (fingers crossed). I only want to keep one. I have Datasette for the C64, but no floppy drive. The C128D has a built-in floppy drive. Both are compatible with MSSIAH and my other main...
  8. N

Questions about restoring a vintage computer collection

Hi all! I've been in the vintage computer hobby since they were new. :) I started out with a 386 PC, Videopac and a Sega Master System II. I've had a C64 collection but sold it 10 years ago. Recently, I've revived my Sega MS2 by doing the region mod and giving it a SCART RGB output for my HDTV...
Back