• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

California TRS-80 Model II systems: $100 each

I have two Model II systems, with expansion interfaces, that need a new home. They were dropped off by a friend many years ago. I have boxes full of software for them as well, but I know the disks are not in great shape. Drop me a PM if you are interested, and I'll get some pictures.
  2. D

Shipping advice requested (HP 88780 tape drive)

I've got a request to ship my remaining 88780 tape drive from San Jose to Florida. Local packing services want stupid amounts of cash ($3000) to crate/pallet a shipment. What's the best way to make sure it gets there in one piece, without breaking the bank on shipping costs?
  3. D

Toshiba T200 boot ROM

In early 1981, as best as I can recall, Toshiba released new boot ROMs for the T200 and T250 computers. Both of my T250's have the new boot ROM, which was required to boot any of the newer CP/M disk Toshiba produced. Does anyone have a working T200, and can possibly image that boot ROM...
  4. D

California Toshiba 8" Double Sided ND-20D drive (MKM0102G) : $600

This drive was in storage for about 30 years. I cleaned it, lubricated the bearings, and it came right back up. I have the connectors as well, if you need them. Uses +24, +5 and -15 (or -5V), along with 120 VAC. No termination resistor pack, so you may need to terminate it externally...
  5. D

California Toshiba T-250 chassis and CRT available : Free

I have a Toshiba T250 chassis and keyboard available, with the CRT included. This was my spare T250. The CRT is a 4A130381 E2710B31-3MHT, about 14" monochrome. Available for a short time only, then it goes for recycle. I will have a spare 8" double-sided drive available, after I check it.
  6. D

Another AES word processor format?

I have what appears to be another AES 5.25" diskette format. This is an "AES DATA" labelled diskette, hard sector. It appears to be 35 track, 48 TPI (no data beyond track 35). Looks like it might be MMFM, though fluxengine's mfmfm decoder seems to do a pretty good job on it. Bits are laid...
  7. D

Ancient operating systems - Percom's Microdos!

Uncovering the past yet again, here's Percom's Microdos. For those that _really_ want control over their drives!
  8. D

California HP 88780 / Tandem 5170 9 track SCSI tape drives : $400 each

I have a couple of nice Tandem 5170 / HP 88780 tape drives. I pulled my data off many years ago using these (and I still have one 9 track drive I use from time to time). These have been sitting in my rack for many years, and could use a good home. Shipping them can be arranged, but you will...
  9. D

California Large number of Northstar hard-sector diskettes : Free (you pay for shipping)

I ended up with a large number (About 100) assorted Northstar hard sector 5 1/4" floppies. Free to a good home. You pay shipping.
  10. D

*NOW* I remember why disks were such a pain

So recently, I've been going through my disk collection. It had been stored in a unheated storage unit in a small town in Canada for more than 20 years, and before that was left pretty much to fend for itself through various moves. To my utter surprise, the vast majority of the disks were...
  11. D

Model III modifications

Back in the 1980's, I had worked on the Model III extensively (and the Model I, and Model II...). Moving to CP/M seemed like a good idea, as many of the other systems of the day were running CP/M. In March of 1983, 80 Micro had an article on implementing bank switching - and it seemed like a...
  12. D

Colonial Data Services Corporation SB-80 Single Board

In going through my old stuff, I came across two "SB-80" Single Board Computers. I recall working on these, and updating the BIOS to include some fancy disk caching support, and hacking support for additional memory onto the boards. I can find little online about these systems, except for the...
  13. D

California Complete GNX (National 32032) manual set: Free (you pay shipping)

In the quest to rid myself of manuals, I have a complete National GNX set of manuals. While I don't have the tape (it was a DC300 cart). Local pickup OK, and I can ship them worldwide, but you will pay for shipping.
  14. D

California Olivetti M20 manuals (PCOS and BASIC): Free (you pay shipping)

I have one set of two M20 manuals. These are essentially new - they have been leafed through (in the 1980's) and left in a box since that time. Free to a good home. Local (San Jose) pickup is fine, else shipping cost by the method of your choice.
  15. D

1981 Toshiba T250 Monochrome CRT board issues

I was bringing up my old T250... power supply came up fine (no RIFA caps), 8" drives came up fine (well, I did have to disassemble the spindle bearing and grease it), motherboard works... but the monitor failed after a few minutes. I pulled all the semiconductors and tested them - they seem...
  16. D

Hello from daverand

I have several working (more or less) 32k systems, and I ported the old DSI-32 loader to wrap around an emulator, back a few years ago. It was fun, and all that old software still works!
Back