• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Getafix

British Columbia Laser 3000/Dick Smith Cat Peripheral Cards Wanted

Hi, I have a Laser 3000 (Same thing as the Dick Smith Cat) with no cards. I would really like to have some peripheral cards for it. Most urgently wanted is a floppy interface card, then Z80 or Serial card would be nice to have. I realize the most likely place to find any of these is...
  2. Getafix

Zenith MasterSport 386SX (ZWL-360-06) PSU pinout request

Hi, I have a Zenith MasterSport 386SX but no PSU. The machine works (HD's dead) when I put 7.2V on the battery terminals so that's great, but I'd obviously like a PSU for it. It has an 8 pin din power connector that says 11V. I can't find a user guide, service manual or any technical...
  3. Getafix

What I learnt putting a (Blue)SCSI in an IBM AT (5170) With Adaptec AHA-1520

I knew almost nothing about this, and this is what I learnt, documented here should I or someone else need it again later: 1) My BIOS (01/10/84 U27=6181028, U47=6181029) would not work. Could not boot from SCSI. Replaced with AMI BIOS. a) EZ-SCSI did not see my Adaptec card till I replaced...
  4. Getafix

Adaptec 1520 in IBM AT (5170)

Hi, I am trying to get an Adaptec 1520 to go in my AT. SCSI BIOS is 1.4. I am using this with a BlueSCSI. At startup I see the bios and it sees the drive (reports it correctly as a Quantum Fireball) and assigns it as D: (I have an MFM drive in there as well). If I load aspi2dos.sys it also...
  5. Getafix

Archive SC-499 tape controller (software/drivers) question

Hi, I have an IBM AT and it came with the Archive Corporation SC-499 controller and a tape drive. I don't have a tape for the drive but I am still interested in knowing if the controller works. PC-Tools backup, nor Backup Exec, recognizes the controller card (stock configuration on the card...
  6. Getafix

Hello from Vancouver, BC

Hi, I am Stefan. I found this forum searching for information on a digital group Z80 I am trying to get to work. It's a bit older than the computers I am really into - these are also mostly Z80 or 6502 type machines such as the C64 (first computer I owned), Apple II series, MSX, Amstrad, ZX...
  7. Getafix

Digital Group Z80 - almost working

Hi, I fairly recently bought a digital group Z80 system (16K). It's in pretty decent shape, but not quite working. When powering up I get the message to Load Z80 INITIALIZE Cassette. No matter what I load, the load never completes - when the audio stops nothing more happens. If I then start...
Back