• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Video via EasyCAP to USB

Since I already had a cheap HDMI to USB capture device, I've taken to using a cheap AV2HDMI module to convert my various composite-out devices to HDMI to use with that known working device. I can then just use the windows 'Camera' app to treat it as a webcam, or I can use it as an input with...
  2. K

Wifi and RSX-11M+ on the PiDP 11

I just recently finished my Pidp11 kit and was working through the manual. There are instructions for setting up proxy ARP to get network working in 2.11 BSD, but it states that doesn't work for RSX-11M. I would rather not have to set up an ethernet connection for the device just to play...
  3. K

Brand New TI-99/4A Owner with Questions

After you get that, there are all sorts of ti99 mods, like the F18A video chip replacement: https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/store/#!/F18A-VDP-replacement-&-VGA-ribbon-cable/p/383616111/category=116455519
  4. K

If you have a FlashROM or FinalGROM99 or similar, you should definitely check out the repository thread on AtariAge https://forums.atariage.com/topic/253095-%3F-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-repository/ This has not only XB but also several enhanced versions of XB with even more features.
  5. K

I've been having a blast with my Combo 32K/Tipi board. Today my FinalGROM99 arrived, which means I can now play with extended basic and get access to sprites.
  6. K

Greetings fellow new 99er. I'd like to eventually put a real PEB into my collection, but for the time being I'm making use of the TIPI+32k Combo that VeryVon linked to. It's out of stock currently, but the stock at arcadeshopper.com does fluctuate and one may come up in the near future. (If...
  7. K

[TI99/4a] Keyboard issue

Thank you both for the advice. I disassembled the machine again last night, and started testing traces and pins with my continuity meter. Everything checked out both on continuity and to a visual inspection. When re-assembling the computer, I noticed that the plastic shield that insulates...
  8. K

[TI99/4a] Keyboard issue

I've given my 4a a good cleanup, built a cable and got it running. Now I have a strange and intermittent keyboard issue. At some point during typing, the entire 2,W,S,X,.,L,O,9 column of keys will stop responding. If I press 9 a few times, that will usually restore functionality for a random...
  9. K

[TI99/4a] Looking for some recommendations

It looks like Arcadeshopper is out of stock on Tipi+32 modules and FinalGROMs. I'll keep an eye out for those. In the meantime, I assembled the proper video cable, fired up the machine, and it ran beautifully for about 5 minutes at which point the entire 2,W,S,X columns of keys went out. I'm...
  10. K

Thank you both for the recommendations. It looks like FG99 relies on a CPLD that's a little difficult to source at the moment. I'll start watching ebay for that. I'll also look into a nanopeb or 32k ram expansion and tipi, though it sounds like a tipi gives me more features. Also, thank you...
  11. K

I've just added a Ti99/4a (or rather 2 of them) to my collection. While I'm excited to get it running and enjoy them, I prefer to be cautious with 40 year old hardware. I've dismantled, cleaned, and re-assembled one of the machines. There was very little dust, no rust, no capacitor goo on the...
  12. K

Yet Another Intro

Oh definitely. It seems like Woz wanted it to be a Apple II, just a better one, and the fact that the 65816 can boot into 6502 mode was part of that choice.
  13. K

My Vintage Desk

Very nice HP collection.
  14. K

Yet Another Intro

Welcome to the forum. The IIgs with its 65c816 processor instead of the more common 68000 from the era has always fascinated me.
  15. K

Bought an Apple IIc - my first Apple ever - looking for guidance

The rapid clicking is a nostalgia-inducing sound for me. To simplify things, the Apple disk controller doesn't check for a limit switch when bringing the drive head to the home position; instead it just tells the drive to pull the head back until it would be at track 0 no matter where it had...
  16. K

Tandy Model 102 and REX#, First Impressions

Thanks for that trick! It wasn't in the User Guide, but it's nice to know.
  17. K

Greetings from Connecticut

That's a nice collection. Metal Slug and KoF really ring the nostalgia bell.
  18. K

Tandy Model 102 and REX#, First Impressions

Today I received a REX# for my T102 (amongst other toys I'll go into later), and wanted to give some fist impressions. Installation was easy: Power Off T102 Open Option ROM Slot Install REX# into slot Close Option ROM Slot Power On T102 Enter BASIC Run the system command: CALL63012 With the...
  19. K

your favorite portable

I have a Tandy 102 and a Tandy 200, they're great portable machines (although I wish I had a backlight for them). I'd like to get my hands on an Atari Portfolio too. I'm not quite sure it counts, but I have a PiDP8/I in a new enclosure which I'm going to add some batteries to so it can be a...
  20. K

Hello From NY Metro Area

Welcome to the forum. While a real one is a bit of a long shot at the moment, there's an arduino-powered 8800 replica that's on my projects wish list.
Back