• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Wifi and RSX-11M+ on the PiDP 11

I just recently finished my Pidp11 kit and was working through the manual. There are instructions for setting up proxy ARP to get network working in 2.11 BSD, but it states that doesn't work for RSX-11M. I would rather not have to set up an ethernet connection for the device just to play...
  2. K

[TI99/4a] Keyboard issue

I've given my 4a a good cleanup, built a cable and got it running. Now I have a strange and intermittent keyboard issue. At some point during typing, the entire 2,W,S,X,.,L,O,9 column of keys will stop responding. If I press 9 a few times, that will usually restore functionality for a random...
  3. K

[TI99/4a] Looking for some recommendations

I've just added a Ti99/4a (or rather 2 of them) to my collection. While I'm excited to get it running and enjoy them, I prefer to be cautious with 40 year old hardware. I've dismantled, cleaned, and re-assembled one of the machines. There was very little dust, no rust, no capacitor goo on the...
  4. K

Tandy Model 102 and REX#, First Impressions

Today I received a REX# for my T102 (amongst other toys I'll go into later), and wanted to give some fist impressions. Installation was easy: Power Off T102 Open Option ROM Slot Install REX# into slot Close Option ROM Slot Power On T102 Enter BASIC Run the system command: CALL63012 With the...
  5. K

Hello from AZ, USA

I realized I should probably post an introduction since I've already made a couple of other posts. Hi! I'm from AZ and have been in and out of retro computers for quite a while. The first computer I ever used was an Atari 400, and then spent years with a Tandy 1000SL in the house. I've always...
  6. K

Model 102 as a serial terminal for a Pidp8i

After reading a lot of older mailing list posts, chasing completely the wrong solution, and finally learning what I did wrong, I present to you my Tandy Terminal Model 102 for the PiDP8i. I _could_ have this log straight into the PDP simulator, but that doesn't respect 40x8 very well. It's...
Back