• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. channelmaniac

Picked up an EVK-300!!!

Thanks! I downloaded those. I gave them the Prototyping Board Manual. I got it from the English gentleman that scanned the docs that the gentleman in Arizona owned and sent him. The seller was supposed to include 5x S6834 EPROMs, but did include some 1702 and 2708 EPROMs. I contacted him and...
  2. channelmaniac

Picked up an EVK-300!!!

I already had the blank PCB (EVK-100) and had a 3+ year struggle finding anything about it. I found a guy in his mid-80s at the time who had a web site that wasn't touched in 10 years. I emailed him and he had already sent his documentation to a guy in England. That guy gave me a copy of the...
  3. channelmaniac

Mac SE line though monitor :(

Yoke connector solder joint cracked... Yoke connector burnt... bipolar cap went bad... bad solder on width inductor.... Those are the usual culprits.
  4. channelmaniac

Mac SE power supply cycling...

Replaced the 2 TO-220 cased high speed rectifier diodes and it started right up with zero hesitation and I let it run for 10 minutes which is about 5x longer than it has ever run. Now to wait on the floppy eject motor gears to get here so I can have a way to boot the computer. I was wondering...
  5. channelmaniac

And that wasn't it... New IRF 830 transistors installed and it still bounces...
  6. channelmaniac

Had it out and wasn't seeing anything, but then again, that power supply is wedged way down in there and the imager was only seeing through the vents.
  7. channelmaniac

Dug through the Dead Mac Scrolls which suggested replacing the IR830 switching FETs... I have some on order from Anchor Electronics as Mouser didn't have them in TO-220 packaging, but Anchor did. (And I trust them to not sell me fakes)
  8. channelmaniac

Recapped it and it ran for about 20 seconds then started shutting down and restarting over and over. I'm going to take my Tektronix bench supply and run the three channels at 5v, 12v, and 12v for sweep and power it up to see what it does from it. I can set current limits at the max levels the...
  9. channelmaniac

Early notice: VCF Southwest 2024!!!

Hi everyone, So 2023 was a success! We had our recap meeting Wednesday night and went over dates given to us by the DGAC folks at UT Dallas. WE ARE CONFIRMED WITH THE FACILITY... VCF Southwest 24 will be happening June 14-16th, 2024. Thanks! Raymond
  10. channelmaniac

Thanks, I don't have all the caps on hand so I ordered a kit from Console5. Easier than taking the time to measure the physical size on the small caps and ordering from Mouser. I desoldered the +12v Sweep pin on the power supply connector on the analog board and it still had trouble starting up...
  11. channelmaniac

Hey everyone, Have a Mac SE here that when powered up, the supply goes on/off/on/off in a repetitive cycle. It's an Astec supply. Any common issues to check? I've been through the analog board and can find no shorts. The logic board and drive have no shorted diodes or transistors and no open...
  12. channelmaniac

Documentation for AST PCjr sidecar?

Yes, AST really did make a sidecar for the Jr! But I cannot find any documentation for it! Do you have some? The JRC-128 has 128K of RAM, a parallel port, and a battery backed clock / calendar on onboard and it uses a bog standard coin cell! No NiCd or nasty alkaline (like Microsoft used on...
  13. channelmaniac

Ti-990

Have you guys seen a desktop version of the front panel? I picked this up last week. It's a molded plastic back that sits at an angle on the desk.
  14. channelmaniac

Unpopulated S100 stuff at Anchor Electronics

If I could find it... Sigh. I might have sold it, but don't remember. I tore the computer room up looking for it. Found my EVK-100, Lightspeed 100, Wameco CPU, and Apple II+ clone PCBs, but not that one.
  15. channelmaniac

Repair vs Preservation

This is caused by the plasticizers leaching out of the cable and softening the plastic shell of the device they are wrapped around. I've seen a lot of slimy cables with those leached out during the Computer Reset liquidation. TI made an incredible amount of chips with steel legs that were...
  16. channelmaniac

Repair vs Preservation

For a machine that special, spend the time to get period correct parts for the repair. I don't have any sockets from that era as I sold them all to a guy that sells Mark 8 repros a few years back. I do have some correct types for an Apple I, but no more of the colored ones used on the Mark 8. I...
  17. channelmaniac

VCF Southwest pre-show repair/prep sessions at Dallas Makerspace

Need help in getting your systems ready for VCF? We've scheduled a couple of repair clinics at Dallas Makerspace where you can come for assistance. Sunday, June 11th, 12-5pm: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114155831676827/posts/127634283662315/ or...
  18. channelmaniac

Roland D-20 decoding the mysterious floppy format.

This might be a different chip than what you think... MOERO U78152-A (M60012-0110) The M60012 is a CMOS Gate Array by Mitsubishi and comes in a variety of packages, including a 40 pin DIP. Unfortunately it looks like a mask programmed device... However, perhaps one of the chip decapping...
  19. channelmaniac

Pre-VCF Southwest Repair Clinics

Need help in getting your systems ready for VCF? We've scheduled a couple of repair clinics at Dallas Makerspace where you can come for assistance. Sunday, June 11th, 12-5pm: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114155831676827/posts/127634283662315/ Saturday, June 17th, 5-9pm...
Back