• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. channelmaniac

Picked up an EVK-300!!!

I already had the blank PCB (EVK-100) and had a 3+ year struggle finding anything about it. I found a guy in his mid-80s at the time who had a web site that wasn't touched in 10 years. I emailed him and he had already sent his documentation to a guy in England. That guy gave me a copy of the...
  2. channelmaniac

Early notice: VCF Southwest 2024!!!

Hi everyone, So 2023 was a success! We had our recap meeting Wednesday night and went over dates given to us by the DGAC folks at UT Dallas. WE ARE CONFIRMED WITH THE FACILITY... VCF Southwest 24 will be happening June 14-16th, 2024. Thanks! Raymond
  3. channelmaniac

Mac SE power supply cycling...

Hey everyone, Have a Mac SE here that when powered up, the supply goes on/off/on/off in a repetitive cycle. It's an Astec supply. Any common issues to check? I've been through the analog board and can find no shorts. The logic board and drive have no shorted diodes or transistors and no open...
  4. channelmaniac

Documentation for AST PCjr sidecar?

Yes, AST really did make a sidecar for the Jr! But I cannot find any documentation for it! Do you have some? The JRC-128 has 128K of RAM, a parallel port, and a battery backed clock / calendar on onboard and it uses a bog standard coin cell! No NiCd or nasty alkaline (like Microsoft used on...
  5. channelmaniac

VCF Southwest pre-show repair/prep sessions at Dallas Makerspace

Need help in getting your systems ready for VCF? We've scheduled a couple of repair clinics at Dallas Makerspace where you can come for assistance. Sunday, June 11th, 12-5pm: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114155831676827/posts/127634283662315/ or...
  6. channelmaniac

Pre-VCF Southwest Repair Clinics

Need help in getting your systems ready for VCF? We've scheduled a couple of repair clinics at Dallas Makerspace where you can come for assistance. Sunday, June 11th, 12-5pm: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114155831676827/posts/127634283662315/ Saturday, June 17th, 5-9pm...
  7. channelmaniac

MS Booster for PCjr manual?

Does anyone have a copy of the manual scanned and posted online? I don't see one on Mike B's pages and Google has not been helpful. Thanks!
  8. channelmaniac

DFW Commodore meet-up: April 2023

Date: April 1st, 2023 Location: National Videogame Museum, Frisco, TX, Party Room Time: 6pm to 9pm APRIL FOOLS! Your Commodore is dead! We'll be discussing what to do when your beloved Commodore dies. This session will be led by Thomas Revoir and me. I'll be talking about troubleshooting...
  9. channelmaniac

VCF Southwest, presented by the National Videogame Museum, is coming back to Dallas, TX!

Hi everyone, After over a decade, a VCF event will be held in Dallas, TX! We signed the venue and are hard at work to put together an initial schedule of speakers and populate a web site. We'll have two presentation tracks running simultaneously: Industry Speakers and a Technical Talk Track...
  10. channelmaniac

Texas VIC-20 oddball keyboard plunger/key/spring

Hey, I have an oddball VIC-20 keyboard here with a key plunger that doesn't seem to be readily found. Mine has a broken <- (left arrow, the key at the top left of the keyboard) key plunger and is missing the spring and cap, so I need all three. Does anyone have a spare? Thanks!
  11. channelmaniac

Flea Market VIC-20

While at the SFGE / VCF SE event I picked up a VIC-20 at the arcade flea market with AC adapter, 2 joysticks, 5 cartridges, and cassette player for $30. Plastic bin included. It has a broken left arrow key which isn't a big deal to fix, but I bought it because it came with a Sega Star Trek game...
  12. channelmaniac

Leningrad 48K issue...

Hey folks! Received a Leningrad 48K PCB from a friend and built it... got the ROMs programmed... and BOOM, sync issues. Turn out I was missing a jumper wire. Installed that and I have a screen with all the text on a single line at the bottom. Have y'all ever seen this issue? The only thing I...
  13. channelmaniac

PCjr Speech and Memory Sidecars

Of all the ones I've picked up from Computer Reset, I've fixed and upgraded 8 of the memory sidecars and fixed 2 of the speech sidecars so far. The Speech ones gave ERROR J when attached. Both had bad 82C55 PPI chips that needed desoldering, socketing, and replacing. They DO NOT work in...
  14. channelmaniac

Wtb: Et-3400

Looking for an ET-3400. I don't care if it doesn't work as I can fix it... but prefer to have all the pieces to it there. Manuals are a plus, but not required. Can offer partial or full trades if you're looking for ICs.
  15. channelmaniac

Tandy 600 BASIC ROM

Hey folks, I worked with a Tandy 600 owner to get the ROM dumped. If you need a copy of it or if you want to host a download of it, please ping me with an email address. It fits in a 27256-25 EPROM. The only trick - I'm not sure where to find the plastic carrier.
  16. channelmaniac

Xerox 820 kit

I picked up an interesting kit - a BG Micro boxed Xerox 820 kit - PCB, docs, and monitor ROM. If anyone needs the docs, I have them all scanned in and converted to PDF. Thanks, RJ
  17. channelmaniac

Commodore PET Diagnostic Clip I

Hey folks, I picked one up at a computer surplus store while on a business trip... and found ZERO on it on the web. I gave pics and the ROM code to Andre Fachat to look through and post and had some extra time tonight so I traced out the circuitry. Hope you find it useful, and yes, I have pics...
  18. channelmaniac

Sandor JR HDC ROM image?

Picked up an interesting PC JR item but it's missing a chip... GRRRR... It's a Sandor "JRHDC" - a sidecar for the PC Jr that lets you hook up two hard drives, but there's an empty socket where the ROM for it should be. Does anyone have a ROM image for it? If not, if someone trusts me enough, I...
  19. channelmaniac

Barn finds partout... IBM PC and AT

Hey folks, I have to get out of a storage unit and part of the stuff that is there is a stack of IBM PC and XT and a stack of IBM AT computers. Almost all of the stacks are IBM branded systems - about a dozen total. The cases look like crap and are being put into recycling, but there are a lot...
  20. channelmaniac

Lots of misc for sale

Hi everyone, I have a bunch of misc. stuff for sale. Price plus shipping and prices are negotiable if you're buying a few things. Shipping is from Highland Village, TX (75077 - Dallas Metro area) MF504C-312U floppy drive. 1.2Mb/720K (mode settable by jumpers) - $10 Thunderclock Plus (Apple II...
Back