• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Benson86

Restoring Packard Bell Legend - need help with with multiplexor IC replacement

Working on restoring a Legend 1148. The machine overall is in super nice shape. But of course there's been some battery leakage, fortunately it was only in one small spot, but that spot totally toasted an IC. It's a 74F151A chip. I can find datasheets for it all over the place, but cant for...
  2. Benson86

The South A few old cards, PCI Capture, VLB Orchid and EISA SCSI w/ Cache card

Have a few cards I dont need anymore, willing to sell individually but if someone want them all that would be awesome shot me an offer! Shipping anywhere in the US would be like $10 but outside of the US would be on the buyer im not an international shipping expert. Card 1: VLB Orchid 9000...
  3. Benson86

The South KayPro PC/XT Clone in nice working condition

Wanted to share my somewhat rare KayPro that I have for sale, just dont see a whole ton of these around especially in this kind of shape and working really well. Ill link to my eBay listing since that has all the detailed info/pics and a short video. But my eBay price includes ebay fees and...
  4. Benson86

IBM PS/2 Model 25 Not Posting, not sure where to start

Just picked up an IBM Model 25 at an estate. Seems like it’s in pretty nice shape, looks super clean on the inside. But it isn’t doing much. The keyboard lights flash on power up, and the crt lights up but just displays blank. No beeps, no action from the floppy drive, just the fan spinning. Any...
  5. Benson86

Trying to find a cheap monochrome composite card, would this EPSON Q205A do the trick?

So many different cards with different types of composite. I have a Kaypro XT clone, right now it has a VGA card. But I have several monochrome composite monitors id like to use, would this card work for that? There are several on the bay right now and are cheap enough. Im sure the CGA isn't...
  6. Benson86

Taxan RGB Vision 425, what type of monitor is it?

One of these came with a recent storage unit pickup, and the seller didn’t have any info on any of it. My pre 1990 knowledge is a little lacking so I’m trying to get some more info on this guy. Google doesn’t turn up all that much. I’ve seen a few things like IBM compatible and Apple II...
  7. Benson86

The South TRS-80 CoCo White Case/Big Key Model 1

It's currently for sale on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334521043441 Figured id share on here, im open to offers. I would do a better deal direct with someone on here than I would on eBay just because im saving all the fees and would love to see it go to a member. It's a fairly rare...
  8. Benson86

The South Boca Sound Expression w/ Yamaha OPL: $50 Shipped

Clean Boca Sound Expression card pulled out of an NEC system. These are really awesome cards when they are working correctly. The Crystal sound chip gives great sound blaster pro and the real OPL gives perfect adlib. But they are a right pita to configure, if they weren't they'd be worth...
  9. Benson86

Sound Blaster Support

Currently working on restoring a Pentium 70 class NEC I found at an estate sale. Looking to give it a Sound Blaster of some kind. Seemed like the cheapest easiest way to go was a simple SB16 PCI since it has PCI slots, but the system requirements of those cards seem to indicate that a 133mhz...
  10. Benson86

Do 486 or early Pentium class machines support CGA/EGA video cards?

I've seen some conflicting info on my research. I'm limited on space and it would be nice to just have one main machine that could drive my mono/CGA/EGA/VGA monitors. With a 486 machine would I be able to put in whatever video card to match whatever monitor I was wanting to use at that time...
  11. Benson86

Help me understand early VGA

So I'm trying to wrap my head around early 90's PC gaming, in particular resolutions. I collect games and hardware, and part of that is I really like to play games on period correct displays in their native resolutions. I get how CGA/Tandy/EGA work, they support certain modes and you you just...
  12. Benson86

Tandy Color Deluxe Joystick Dead Stick

Recently picked up a really nice Deluxe Joystick still in the box, and I cant get the darn thing working. Trying to track down if it's the stick or the computer. When I plug it into my 1000SX the fire buttons work fine but the stick wont respond. I ended up running the basic program: 10...
  13. Benson86

Tandy 1000SX Video Output Issue

Hi all, newbie here. Been collecting/working on vintage game systems for a couple years now but am brand new to vintage computing. I recently got a Tandy 1000SX with a matching VM4 composite monitor that's starting to have some video issues. Google brought me here to this thread...
Back