• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. maelstrm

The South IBM 5144 monitor?

Still looking. Sent DM.
  2. maelstrm

Sun (Suntac?) 286E motherboard manual

FWIW, I found this old copy of a copy of a fax in an old desktop, which contains a Sun (no, not that Sun) 286E motherboard. So I scanned it and thought I'd archive it here. The motherboard that was found still works.
  3. maelstrm

Packet Driver for Xircom RE-100

Ok, so the WHOLE problem was that I was using the wrong driver. I was trying to initialize the card with: CBEPD.COM instead of: CE3PD.COM It pays to read kids. And it pays more to keep your eyesight. FWIW and for future readers of this post, this card (Xircom RE-100) works without using any...
  4. maelstrm

Thanks for the reply. See my forthcoming doofus answer...
  5. maelstrm

Interesting back story! It's a shame they didn't see the coming success of wireless. I mean, who wants wires? Well..ok maybe we do but most people don't...
  6. maelstrm

Has anyone had any luck with a packet driver for the Xircom RE-100 PCMCIA card? I've been trying to get it to work under DOS with MTCP. But each time, DHCP times out and says to check the cabling and packet driver settings. I have Card Services running (C:\CARDSOFT), and it is detected by Card...
  7. maelstrm

Just saying hi. And thanks.

My dumpster-dive 5160, with a few upgrades:
  8. maelstrm

IBM 1501989 XM switches

Thanks modem7. Got it working with 512K.
  9. maelstrm

IBM 1501989 XM switches

Good evening, Federation! On the 1501989 XM memory expansion card, what are switches 1-4 used for? I have a fully-populated expansion card (1501989XM) going into an IBM 5150 motherboard (also with full rows of memory). Thanks!
  10. maelstrm

Tatung 14" CGA Monitor (P/N: CM-1360)

Thank you. I saw this post after figuring out my CGA card must be faulty. I tested with an original IBM CGA card and it worked perfectly.
  11. maelstrm

Tatung CM-1360

Posting for any future Federates who may stumble upon one of these in the wild. Did more investigation. This is a true CGA monitor with three different modes of operation: Amber, Green and Color. It will work with an IBM CGA card. The three-way selector for the different color modes is on the...
  12. maelstrm

Tatung 14" CGA Monitor (P/N: CM-1360)

Sorry to dig up this post. But are you 100% sure you used a CGA/EGA card to test this monitor? I've picked up one of these recently but can't get it to display an image on a CGA or MDA card. I haven't tried EGA specifically. Thanks
  13. maelstrm

Tatung CM-1360

Greetings, Federation! Does anyone have any manuals or (dare I say) schematics for a Tatung CM-1360? I recently came across one and can't get it to display an image. I've tried an MDA and a CGA card. On MDA I get a raster but no images. In CGA, it's out of sync (rapid lines moving from bottom...
  14. maelstrm

IBM CGA card issue

That did it. Now it has a pretty clear picture, the "blue tinge" is gone. Gonna order up components and get this cap replaced. Thanks!!!
  15. maelstrm

IBM CGA card issue

That explains why a camera won't show it, as the distortion isn't present through the entire refresh cycle. Yeah my 5153 is good. I have an entirely different 5160 motherboard and different IBM CGA card going to it. I'll remove C4 on this other (just purchased) CGA card and give it a go. I...
  16. maelstrm

IBM CGA card issue

Hello, Federation! I recently purchased an original IBM CGA card. And, well, it has issues. The display is "distorted". In that, when the machine boots, what should be white text on black has lines of blue mixed in (where only white pixels should be). What's weird is that, if I take a photo...
  17. maelstrm

Toshiba Tecra 550CDT

Thanks -0° For anyone needing info, I'll put together a quick guide on how to remove the CMOS batteries (there's 2).
  18. maelstrm

Toshiba Tecra 550CDT

Good evening Federation, Is there a disassembly guide to the Toshiba Tecra 550CDT? I've made a little progress but still feel like this thing is going to break if I keep going. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Back