• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Hello Edzard...I see that you are from the Netherlands too ! Let me react on you post later...

Hello Edzard...I see that you are from the Netherlands too ! Let me react on you post later today ..It is quite busy now.. Summarized: I'm still busy with restoring.. But I'm able to boot CP/M !! Kind regards Paul
  2. P

Has anyone experience with bringing up the BigBoard II Ferguson ?

Update from my side. In the meantime, I have the BigBoard II almost up and running. Many IC's sockets are in a bad condition so with a desolder machine I inserted new ones. But be careful, sometimes tracks are damaged too. What is done are: CPU/DMA: OK DRAM: OK Serial ports: OK Floppy control...
  3. P

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Hello Hideehoo... That is great news !!! I'm absolute interested... Currently I'm restoring a BigBoard II board. That is not easy: Only Floppy part to be done. Desoldering IC sockets (replace with good ones) and the result is: small connections damaged. Quality is not that good anymore. Start...
  4. P

Elektor EC-68 (also sometime EC-6809)

Great stuff Philippe... I love this with graphics capabilities. But are the parts not hard too find ? 7220, WD2123, 6883 ? Let me finish the Bigboard II first and maybe I will dive into such a project. Thanks in advance Paul
  5. P

Hello Philippe... Thanks for your feedback. Currently I'm busy with a BigBoard II from Mr Ferguson. It is almost there. I found issues on the PCB (short cuts!!) and replacing all IC sockets with good ones. I'm able to have the prompt on the serial line of the board. Next step is the Video...
  6. P

Update... When I set the 4th switch of SW1 to the right side I see suddenly that the 6845 CS line moving during startup and I have V- and H-Sync.. It looks like a special feature this 4x dip-switches (SW1, in schematic SW1..SW4). Now I have all switches to the right side.. Is there some...
  7. P

Hello All... Finally I was able to get a BigBoard-II. I had to pay a couple of 100 $'s for it, but it was with all IC's in and in good condition. Next step is to start debugging this board. I connected only the +5V on the board and measured a current of approx 2.2 A. I only connected the CRT...
  8. P

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Is there still any update of this project ?
  9. P

Looking for a BigBoard I or II

No-one something available ???? I prefer the BigBoard instead off the 820 board.. Thanks in advance..
  10. P

Hello Philippe... May I ask where you get the PCB's for this project ? Did you create these yourself ? Thanks in advance..
  11. P

video board investigations

Interesting... I have also this Graphic card from Elektor at home... and I have the additional (bare) card for colors too. That will be a new topic for in the winter. Do you have that color extension card too ??
  12. P

Hello Cruff... many thanks... let me jump into these schematics..:-)
  13. P

Hmmm I have seen that somewhere..I have to compare the schematics between the Xerox 820 and the bigboard... Is the Xerox 820-I comparable with BigBoard I and Xerox 820-II comparable with BigBoard II ?
  14. P

The Ferguson Big Board

Hello uglypickle Long time ago... the board is probably not available anymore ?
  15. P

Hello all.. This is my first post at this forum...:-)... I'm a person from the Netherlands and always busy with Vintage computers. Most of these computers are based on 65(C)02. I created many projects from Elektuur / Elektor (Dutch magazine). Recently I finished the XY plotter from 1985. Really...
Back