• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

Woes with the 430nx Chipset - Ideas?

Well, if only it were so easy! Well, it is, but with a catch. Turns out that the Dell S45 BIOS has it's own issues. I just could not get the system to boot off of any IDE disk consistently with it. So I downgraded back to the original OEM BIOS and guess what? The new Dallas chip is fine! S45...
  2. I

Saved a Pentium 90 from being scrapped...

Nice system, with the Intel Reference Premiere/PCI II board. Has 256k of onboard L2 cache, and the chipset can cache 512MB of RAM. I think these boards max out at 128MB RAM though. The left IDE header is off of the PCI bus, the right one is off of the ISA bus. If you have any issues replacing...
  3. I

430FX head scratcher

I just posted a potential solution to this problem with the NX chipset on your other thread: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/woes-with-the-430nx-chipset-ideas.1228453/ In short, the older BIOS images for these boards have some issues, being the first attempt at a PnP BIOS on the...
  4. I

Woes with the 430nx Chipset - Ideas?

Hello Everyone, I recently picked up a Dell Dimension XPS P90, made in 1994, which uses an Intel Premiere/PCI II motherboard (1.00.xx.AX1J). This is an Intel reference board that was also used by Gateway, among others (with ID 1.00.xx.AX1), for early Socket 5 systems on the NX chipset. It's...
Back