• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

Looking for Floppy Bezel for model 8595

Given the scarcity of these bezels and the level improvements in 3D printing, I'm surprised no one has created anything in this space. No love for the old PS/2's apparently. I've in the past reached out to designers or companies that take one-off type of requests and the prices are beyond...
  2. O

Yes, I am still looking. Floppy and CD-ROM bezels for the 8595 series towers are not as easy to find as other PS/2 models.
  3. O

Anyone willing to sell a couple keycaps for the Compaq Portable I?

I've gone down both paths, buying the individual keycaps (when only a couple of a specific type are needed) as well as picking up a keyboard (restoring or many keys needed) at low cost for pulling keys. Depending on what one may be looking for, the entire keyboard may be a less expensive route...
  4. O

Where can I get some good inexpensive 3.5" Floppy disks?

Unfortunately that is the downside of ebay, so true. But when it's a "hit", it sure feels good ;-) and likewise the "miss" is quite frustrating!
  5. O

Anyone willing to sell a couple keycaps for the Compaq Portable I?

I've had decent luck on both ebay as well as sites like modelfkeyboards.com (my searches have been more IBM centric however).
  6. O

IBM

I have that same model. Best thing I did was replace the aging IDE drive with an IDE2CF card and now the machine is silent (and faster).
  7. O

How did you get started into Computers (More than a casual user..)

Graduated with a business degree in management...landed my first job 30+ years ago in a management consulting firm coding in COBOL (had close to zero programming experience, so had to swim 2x just to keep up). The network manager moved to another company and I stepped into his role. The rest...
  8. O

Your best and worst vintage computer investments?

I wouldn't label anything I've collected over the last 30 years as a best/worst investment. Picked up what I have more for personal gratification than anything else. I do have favorites and those are IBM PS/2's from 1987-1992 and old Macs from the 1990's through 2013. With the Macs, it's...
  9. O

[IBM PS/1 486 DX2] Help needed! How much is this thing worth and are these boxed versions how rare?

The PS/1 line actually came out after the PS/2 line. It was also the precursor to the Aptiva line. I would check ebay listings for value. Collectors just LOVE old stuff like this in original boxes (speaking from experience ;-)
  10. O

Strange things about 3M QIC data cartridge tape

I used those in the past and never recalled any "slippery" issues with them. That was also a long time ago in the 1990's and early 2000's.
  11. O

California WTB: Floppy Bezel for IBM PS/2 Model 90 (8595)

Ah, that makes sense. I think I have a few more to go. Thanks for letting me know, Alex.
  12. O

Entire front bezel looks great. Now if I could only figure out how to direct message/DM you for details ;-)
  13. O

Looking forward to seeing what you have.
  14. O

I would gladly relieve you of your Model 60 floppy bezel (I have that project ongoing as well as one can never seem to have too many 30+ year old PS/2's ;-), but I believe the Model 60 bezels are about 4.5" (give or take) and the Model 90 is a bit wider at about 5 3/4" or so. Regardless, I can...
  15. O

Looking to purchase a floppy bezel for IBM PS/2 Model 90 (8595) server/tower. Can't seem to locate this elusive piece of plastic.
  16. O

My first PS/2 was an original Model 30 in college in 1987...been obsessed with them ever since. I've continued to collect various models of the '87-'92 time frame (my personal favorites) and recently picked up another Model 90 (8595) and it's in need of a floppy bezel. Can't seem to find one...
Back