• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. hbquikcomjamesl

Logitech really screwed up on the final revision of the M110!

Back on the 19th, I ordered a Logitech M110 (combination USB/PS2) from Amazon, to share between my Chromebook and my DOSbook: as you might imagine, with two notebooks and their power supplies crammed into a single notebook case, space is at a premium. On the 25th, I took delivery on what turned...
  2. hbquikcomjamesl

MSCDEX-compatible driver for a Dell Latitude C510/C610?

Not being able to use the optical drive module supplied with my new DOSbook is not a big deal, as the floppy drive module and the PCMCIA slots are more generally useful in a DOSbook (and if I really need to read optical media, I can always bring up Interlink Server on my DOS tower, sharing its...
  3. hbquikcomjamesl

Finally have something that looks like it will make a viable DOSbook!

Today, I just took delivery on a refurbished Dell Latitude (C-series, I think), and after verifying basic functionality, I FDISK'd the hard drive into an approximation of my usual hard drive partitioning schema, and began the process of installing PC-DOS 2000 on it. So far, it seems to like DOS...
  4. hbquikcomjamesl

California Looking for a vintage notebook suitable for use as a DOSbook.

This past May, on my Spring vacation, the last of my pair of beat-up old Compaq Conturas died on me. I'm looking for something about the same size (9"x12"x2") or smaller, same weight (8 lbs) or lighter, with a working floppy drive, a working hard drive, and a working PCMCIA slot. Something...
Back