• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. NeXT

Compaq LTE LCD Trouble

I picked this machine and its dock up (and again, it's missing the monitor hat...) from VCF East as "not working" and it turned out to be the AC adapter needed a recap. The machine runs aside from a missing hard drive and the usually floppy drive issues and it's actually very complete, the...
  2. NeXT

fun PCI cards to fiddle with?

Last I looked they were several hundred dollars, though that was before more modern USB based disk tools began to appear on the market.
  3. NeXT

Pacific Northwest ***WANTED MACINTOSH SE***

What part of the Pacific Northwest are you located in?
  4. NeXT

There's also cards like the Catweasl that was designed to support the reading and writing of a number of very weird formats, notably Amiga ones. That said, it's been touched by the Amiga Gods, which implies like any product for the Amiga that actually makes it do something cool (or you know...
  5. NeXT

This Canopus board supposedly came with a plugin for Premiere. Of course I don't have a CD for it but this was for a brief period how it was done and boy, did it occasionally limit what you could do. I got another Pinnacle board that's similar but a lot more cost reduced. The PCI card has two...
  6. NeXT

(ebay) System/32 Disks - Who bought them?

Someone linked them to me while I was at VCF East but I couldn't get into my paypal in time and they sold.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/296366394774 It was a listing for 18lbs of 8" floppy disks and a number of them implied they were all from an IBM System/32, including at least one official...
  7. NeXT

I have a number of what was at one time very high-end Canopus video boards for digitizing. Almost everything was accelerated locally in hardware with your choice of a front panel for I/O or an external box.
  8. NeXT

Four-Phase Systems IV/90

Oops, sorry. I was at VCF East and didn't see this buried in my reply notifications. Yes I do. I was going to say it's on bitsavers but I guess the cabinet photos have not made it up yet so I'll pull it out tonight and see how to send it.
  9. NeXT

Pentium 4

[walks back into thread after being away for several days] ....... [walks out]
  10. NeXT

VCF East Model II Display

Oh that was him?? I loved the display boards of all the various cards.
  11. NeXT

Pentium 4

Willamette core. I really don't fancy the P4 because it was so many bad ideas on a chip and if you won the RAMBUS lottery, coupled with terrible memory. Even when I want to build an example P4 system I cannot help but want to make it incredibly cheesy because that generation really reminds me of...
  12. NeXT

Weird Intel Windows 3.1

On 5.25" media too. That's weird, because Windows 3.1 typically sold with 3.5" media and a coupon offer for 5.25"media.
  13. NeXT

Techtran Datacassette

I was given this at the Interim Computer Festival two weeks ago and got around this morning to completely photographing it for bitsavers. That I can tell it substitutes a paper tape reader/punch and can read/write at 110 or 300bps using an ordinary cassette tape. The flyer says it can do...
  14. NeXT

Texas Computer Reset in Dallas is still going for just a little while (new LGR video Feb. 2022)

My dude, you are so late to the party that CR's not only done and gone, but the buyer gutted the building, put down a new coat of paint and it's back on the market again.
  15. NeXT

Zax ICD 278 for Z80

This thread is very old (but I see you have been here as recently as March) so while you probably got your answers long ago, you are one of the top google hits for the ICD-278. I've never seen firmware updates for them. I didn't even know an updated ROM was even available. I would hazard to...
  16. NeXT

[C64] RS232 userport adapter works but gets hot

I ran into an issue with a 20ma current loop adapter and the MAX232 years ago which I designed that came down to because the MAX232 has multiple driver lines and we are only using one set for transmit and receive, in certain conditions unless you deliberately pull the unused lines low they can...
  17. NeXT

The RIFA Experience

Anything that relies on the AC line to act as an antenna or a connection path (EG: Phone or ethernet Powerline bridges, X10 automation products, some AC clock/radios)
  18. NeXT

The RIFA Experience

Strong warning on this because years later I was forced to go back through quite a few devices where I simply deleted them. Some devices use them to suppress noise backfeeding into the house. I ran into major issues when I started to deploy X10 and while it wasn't all the fault of not replacing...
  19. NeXT

Searching for IBM S/23 Datamaster users

I was going to say would an 8085 In-Circuit Emulator at all help to see what the system was doing but I checked and all I have are ICE's for Z80 and 8088/8086. :/
  20. NeXT

The RIFA Experience

I put it under preventative maintenance. If I need to make a power supply reliable for continuous use I might as well replace them while I'm in there.
Back