• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Texas Okidata OL400 printer memory board wanted

I recently revived an Okidata OL400 LED printer, and I'd like to upgrade the RAM so it can print a full page of graphics. I need a proprietary RAM board (part number 55040901). Based on how much effort it took to rebuild the toner cartridge, I can't imagine there are many of these things still...
  2. A

AT&T 6300 Power supply schematic

I recently bought an AT&T 6300. After replacing a defective floppy controller on the motherboard it was working until today. When I turned it on, I saw a spark from the rear of the power supply, and now it's dead. Inside the power supply I've found an open 18 ohm resistor, and a shorted 36v...
  3. A

Amiga 2000 keyboard options

I've finally started to resurrect an Amiga 2000HD that I've had in storage for many years. So far, I've replaced the defective SCSI hard drive, and managed to install the OS. The big problem I have is that I don't have a keyboard. I've been looking for some time on ebay, but prices start...
  4. A

Tulin TL226 MFM hard drive problem

I'm trying to resurrect this Tulin TL226 MFM hard drive. It spins up, and the stepper motor seeks to track 0, then the LED starts blinking a pattern of 10 flashes, a pause, and it repeats. The drive doesn't respond to the controller. Does anyone have any documentation on this drive to decode...
  5. A

Help identify ISA cards

I have four ISA cards that I need help identifying. Three of them are RAM expansion cards, and one if a video card. One RAM board is labeled Teletek ASSY A1850, part number 0601-0124, and is full of 2 MB of 256k DIP RAM chips. The other one is ASSY A1950, part number 0601-0125, and has 8 30 pin...
  6. A

2031 LP drive motor running continuously

I just started working on a 2031 LP drive that has the motor running continuously, and the activity light on. Does anyone has a legible copy of the schematic that they can share? The only file I have been able to find "2031_Disk_Drive_Service_Manual.pdf" has a poor scan of the schamtic...
  7. A

Using an IBM 8514 monitor on a modern system

I bought an IBM 8514 monitor last week. It's in good condition, but desperately needs some new capacitors. Having no luck getting any of my modern systems to output 1024x768 87 Hz interlaced, I decided to try making an EDID adapter for it. This will allow a modern video card to read the...
  8. A

IBM 9507 LCD monitor input

I picked up this IBM 9507 LCD monitor recently. It's in good condition, but missing the stand, cable, and power supply. It has a single connector for power and video. Does anyone know the pinout, and can anyone ID the mating connector I need?
  9. A

Making TRS-80 model III floppies

I'm looking for the best way to turn disk images into physical floppies for my model III. So far, I have been able to make TRS DOS and LDOS boot disks using an emulator on a DOS PC with a 360k floppy drive. I'm having no luck with the software that is on self booting floppies. Neither OS...
  10. A

Unknown Morrow Designs portable ID

This is for sale at a resale shop. Does anyone know what it is? I haven't been able to find anything like it on the web. It's about the size of an IBM portable PC, but it has an unusual wide aspect ratio CRT. Unfortunately, it's missing the keyboard.
  11. A

IBM 5182 Color Printer Ribbon

Does anyone know where I can find a color ribbon for an IBM 8182 "Personal Computer Color Printer" part number 1501574?
  12. A

Mystery 8" hard drive NEC DKU031-HBSC

Does anyone have any idea what this is? It's an NEC hard drive, which based on its size, looks like it has 8" platters. It came from a thrift store. The only possible clue I have is that it was near some TRS-80 model II items, but it may be unrelated.
  13. A

Thinkpad 755/760 floppy drive

Can anyone tell me what IBM did that was non-standard with the floppy drive used in the Thinkpad 755 and 760 series? The floppy drive inside the special caddy looks like a standard laptop drive and most of them are common models, but they don't seem to be compatible with any other system. When...
  14. A

Zenith ZCM-1490

I'm looking for a Zenith ZCM-1490 flat tension mask monitor. It doesn't need to work as long as the screen is not scratched, the cabinet is in decent condition, and there is no burn in. I'm located in Austin Tx, and willing to pay for shipping within the US if the price is right.
  15. A

Toshiba T3200SX floppy drive

The floppy drive in my T3200SX is bad, and I suspect I could replace it with a standard floppy drive if I built an adapter cable. Does anyone know the pinout?
  16. A

Compaq portable 386 RAM

I'm looking for RAM for my Compaq portable 386 which only has 1MB of RAM. It uses proprietary SIMMs, or 4MB RAM expansion boards. Also, is it possible to replace the hard drive? It uses a 40MB IDE hard drive, but I haven't been able to get it to recognize anything more modern.
  17. A

ESDI hard drives

I have several ESDI hard drives that I would like to use (IBM 0669, IBM 0671, and Maxtor 8670E). I've never used an ESDI hard drive, so I have a few basic questions. First, is the cabling the same as for MFM/RLL? Second, what's a good ISA controller? I have a pair of ESDI controllers that...
  18. A

acb-2370 RLL controller in an IBM AT

I'm attempting to use an Adaptec acb-2370 RLL controller in an IBM AT. I'm using the AMI BIOS that can be found here: http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/bios/bios.htm This BIOS works fine with the original controller, but with the RLL controller, the BIOS low level formatting utility always...
  19. A

Brittle plastic

All this talk about yellowing plastic got me thinking about another problem I see, brittle plastic. Does anyone know what causes ABS plastic to get extremely brittle? It usually ages well, but occasionally I get something that looks perfect, but is so brittle I can break it apart with my bare...
  20. A

Old Radio Shack catalogs online

I stumbled on this great site last night: http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/index.html
Back