• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. CloudInMyHead

California Otrona Handle Arm

I just bought an Otrona which when shipped, one of the arms broke off. Any chance anyone have some Otrona parts laying around and willing to sell the handle arms from one? If not I'll see if they can be removed and I can make a 3D printed one. It will have layer lines but other than that it...
  2. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable III 386 Disk face plate

I'm trying to disassemble my new Compaq Portable III 386 (I just picked up a 286 one as well BTW). The 5.25 drive is not reading anything (on either the 286 or 386 Portable III) and I need to replace the CMOS battery. Anyway, I watched a couple of videos on the Compaq Portable III 386 and 268...
  3. CloudInMyHead

New to T models

I am new to the T models. I just picked up a NEC PC-8201A. I hope this is the correct place to post this as I know it's the sister model to the TRS-80 Model 100. Here are some photos. Here is the memory. It's fully populated so I am guessing it is at it's maximum capacity. I dunno. I'll read...
  4. CloudInMyHead

California Toshiba T5200 ROMS (physical)

I'm looking to purchase one or two pairs of Toshiba T5200/T5100 ROMS. Like the ones found here: classicbits.net-Toshiba ROMS or Toshiba T5200 mods and upgrades I don't have a burner so I can't make my own. I am located in California, USA 92653. I have a T5200 and a T5100 so two ROMS sets are...
  5. CloudInMyHead

Toshiba Plasma T5100 series display

I have a couple of questions. I don't think many have the T5100 as it seems less popular but I'll ask. While I do have the factory manual, it's still difficult to disassemble. Seem like they left out a few steps. Anyway. I bought this unit with a bad display. No power to the display. Upon...
  6. CloudInMyHead

Lo-tech 2MB EMS Board - Help Needed

Lo-tech 2MB EMS Board - Help Needed I’ll admit I don’t remember much about DOS and extra memory so with that said here is my scenario and questions in getting this board recognized. My Setup: I have a “Compaq Portable 286 1070”. It’s not the Compaq Portable II. I do have a working Blue Lave...
  7. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable 286 Bottom Panel Removal Help

On a Compaq Portable 286, when I try to remove the bottom panel, its stuck, somewhere about the middle of the panel if feels clipped or screwed into something. How does one remove the bottom panel? The manual says follow the steps used to remove the top panel, which I had no issues with. I hope...
  8. CloudInMyHead

What is this Logitech card?

What is this Logitech card? My guess is that there was some early mouse card? It was in my Compaq Portable. If it is a mouse card, does anyone sell a retro mouse for it? I think my first 8088 mouse as a kid was a regular 9 pin Logitech serial mouse so I don't recognize this. .
  9. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable BIOS

**New Compaq Portable 286** Is there a Compaq Portable BIOS secret key to press to access BIOS? I didn't see anything when I browsed through the manuals. I don't have a Compaq setup disk, just IBM PC DOS 3.3 which I got today. I did tried FDISK and it said no hard drive was detected. Obviously...
  10. CloudInMyHead

California Wanted - 16 Bit ISA NIC w/ DOS drivers

Anyone have a 16 bit ISA NIC (RJ45) with dos drivers. I only have a 5.25 360K drive I believe (Compaq Portable 286) so the driver would have to be on that media type :)
  11. CloudInMyHead

What are the best stores to find PC & Clone parts?

What are the best stores to find PC & Clone parts? I have a Compaq portable coming, and VERAULT is helping me get some floppies but what about hardware, ISA cards, upgrades, key pads or what ever they are called? Preferably in the USA for speed of shipping but anywhere when the parts are right. Greg
  12. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable 1070 10

Anyone know much about the Compaq Portable 1070 10? It is a 286 I just purchased on ebay. It has a HD. I'm trying to get ready for when it gets delivered. I'm guessing the last "10" in the part number means 10MB hard drive? Is this considered a Compaq Portable Plus or a Portable II? Anyone...
  13. CloudInMyHead

Where could I find 34 pin edge connector 90 degree

I'm not 100% sure what it's called but I am looking for a 34 pin connector. Like this photo but 34 pin. I'd want the right angle and pins like shown so it can be soldered to my board. I tried Mouser and Digikey but not really knowing the proper terms to search is making it difficult. The edge...
Back