• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. tejones777

1973 "Popular Computing" Newsletter by Fred Gruenberger???

Fred Gruenberger was a well known computer pioneer, author and professor at California State University, Northridge. He wrote 28 books on computing, and started the Computer Science degree program at Northridge in the early 1970's. In June 1973 he announced he was going to publish a monthly...
  2. tejones777

Living Computer Museum, in Seattle...... Status?

The amazing "Living Computer Museum" in Seattle Washington "temporarily" closed during the COVID epidemic, then said they are re-evaluating "if" they will reopen. But their Facebook, twitter, and website updates have been silent for a very long time. Does anyone know what's up? I suspect they...
  3. tejones777

Help identify odd Semiconductor Logo (square with N or Z?)

Can anyone identify the attached logo? It's on a 1950's or maybe early 60's transistor, and I can't figure out what it is. Seems to a Z or an N inside a square. The part is a 3-lead metal can, like a transistor, and is labled NS747 and 352 (which I thought could be a date code, but 1952 is a...
  4. tejones777

WALMOR UPC 2600 EPROM Programmer (Trying to program the old 1702A EPROMs)

I'm looking to program the old Intel 1702A EPROMS, very popular in the early 1970's. I've looked at the posts of various home-brew programming options, none seem easy to obtain or easy to use, or are more expensive than I want to invest. Then I realized I've got several old vintage EPROM...
  5. tejones777

Help Identify this "single board computer"

I'm trying to identify the little single-board computer in the attached photo. No, not the Kenbak-1 on the bottom. But the box on top of it, leaning against the red binder. Has a blue metal case, a fairly complex keyboard, and a likely 4+2 digit 7-segment led display, maybe even an audio or...
  6. tejones777

What's this? (Possible Mark-8?)

Hello: Three years ago I was in Seattle's Computer Museum (or rather "Living Computer Museum") and I saw the following machine hidden away. As a lover of the Mark-8, I instantly thought that looks a lot like a Mark-8 computer. The high/low address toggles, and the "jam" button to jam the data...
Back