• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

PEB 32K Memory Troubleshooting - Bad RAM

One more bad chip and we are in business
  2. M

I did some more troubleshooting and then just decided to pull chips I couldn’t safely probe while the card was in the PEB. Found 2 bad chips in the first 4 that I took out and still had ram failure in the test. Going to take out the next 4 later this week.
  3. M

Gotek / FF on Model 3

Heck yea! Great job! Persistence and patience pays off :)
  4. M

Thanks for the reply! I had piggybacked only 4 chips at a time on the higher bank and it did not work. I’ll try doing all of the RAM and see if I get any success. It’s hard to gauge if the ram is making good contact especially since the card sits vertically in the PEB
  5. M

I was lucky enough to get a PEB locally. It only came with the interface card. I sourced a 32k card online listed as untested. You know what that means ;) I have finalgrom and a tipi32k sidecar. I found a memory tester cartridge file online and ran that against the card. Upper block is...
  6. M

Gotek / FF on Model 3

I can’t take credit for that someone online came up with the idea. I can’t find the YouTube video at the moment but seems to be working so far. Model 3 keyboards are a pain. I can’t remember where I got my edge connector adapters but they worked great for me. Definitely check out cabling...
  7. M

Gotek / FF on Model 3

Try the images in the post Kool65 listed above. My ff config along with some bootable disk images is included in that thread. Give those a shot and see if you get any life from it. On a side note I had to repair my keyboard again. I ended up using vent tape and a punch to replace the...
  8. M

PS/2 55SX - is this a 486SLC upgrade?

I have a 55sx that also needed a new Dallas chip. I had tried some modern alternatives but they did not work. Ended up having to file down the Dallas chip that was in the system and wired a battery to it. I cannot remember if I got a post without doing this. Worth a shot if you still cant...
  9. M

Sharp x68000 z - a decent alternative?

Same although I added a real one to my collection shortly after getting the mini. Anything x68000 related is expensive
  10. M

Just paid for my first BBC Micro computer!

That stinks I am really sorry it didn’t work out :/ I have only ever used Facebook marketplace locally and also pay at time of pickup. I got my beep on eBay several years ago. I was worried about it making the trip but it arrived safe and sound and in working order.
  11. M

Did you get the mouse and keyboard with yours or just the gamepad?
  12. M

You are welcome :) Glad you got it working. Here is a translated manual for updating the firmware.
  13. M

I have attached English translations of the user manuals. Have you registered your device with ZClub yet? That is where you can pull down more documentation and they have updated firmware to download. So you get the boot screen that shows insert disk? I would not start with a 6 disk game...
  14. M

Never made a backup of the sd card that shipped with the unit I ended up just finding human os disk images and threw them on my sd card. I also ended up configuring sasi/scsi support and boot from an hdf on a usb drive. It’s cool that it will emulate harddrives as well as floppy
  15. M

You need to make sure you are in emulator mode and not gui. I changed my boot options to just strictly boot in emulator mode. Once you have the sd card in you can either hit the “eject” button under the drive slot or just extract the card and put it back in. There should be a pop up window...
  16. M

EGA Card - Looking for Jumper Settings

It is an EGA Extra you are all awesome thanks so much!!
  17. M

EGA Card - Looking for Jumper Settings

Hey everyone! I picked up a EGA card hoping to use it in my 5160 with a 5153 that I picked up recently. Wanted to try some EGA games on CGA monitor. Having some trouble finding any documentation on the card though and wanted to verify jumper and switch settings. Anyone seen one of these...
  18. M

Just paid for my first BBC Micro computer!

My model 3 beep was fairly simple to convert to 120 if I remember correctly. Think it was just jumper that needed to be added to the psu board. There were rifas on the power board as well that should go before they pop. Keep us posted!
  19. M

It seems that I cannot have an Archimedes.

Have you looked under your keyboard? Left hand side back of the board under your keyboard there is usually a battery for the rtc that are notorious for exploding and destroying these boards. I hope yours has been removed already I spent several months last year restoring an A3000. Required...
  20. M

Apple IIe with weird screens at boot.

If you do not have the card plugged in and boot the computer on a cold boot (has sat for a while maybe a minute without powering on) what is the behavior? Garbled screen? Or does it boot correctly? The CPU is a 6502 and the IOU chip is a custom chip 344-0022-A. They should both be in a...
Back