• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, sept 20. - Hotfix release -Fixed escape key interaction with right click menus -Right clicking in right click local menus will open the menu element (requested by analog_programmer). -Shutdown and reboot commands are now executed when requested in the DOS version (reported by...
  2. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

Thankyou for pointing out this, i was not aware of a wheel api in cutemouse. I have added this to my todo list, and i will try to implement it in the next release. I am sorry but i was not updating the FAQ properly. Hercules/CGA/EGA, various monochrome modes are already supported by XCOM for a...
  3. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

I am glad you enjoy it. Yes, the application is compiled with DJGPP. Thankyou for recommending these libraries. I was aware of the watt32 library, i found the libraries for it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't checked or researched it deeply yet. If it will be as simple as including the...
  4. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, sept 08. - Hotfix release -Enabled system realloc to be fully utilized -Fixed icons in Tools and System menu. -New game icon added for file types (d64, t64, nes, prg, nds, iso, and so on) -Fixed C and H file icons -Added experimental support for PIF and LNK files. -Fixed icons for MP4...
  5. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

I was two days ahead of my bug checklist, due to the weather forced me to work on this software on my laptop (random power and internet outages).
  6. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

Thankyou.
  7. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, sept 01. - Translations and bugfixes -10% faster rendering speed -Added new EGA and Hercules code -Clearing tree information from memory when explorer process exits. -Fixed stability issues when reading ini file at start -GUI...
  8. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, march 01. - Big updates -Left side panel with directory tree structure is now finally implemented and working. -The GUI system displays the changes in real time, when moving, copying, deleting files and directories around. -Fixed a bug resulting crash, when pressing cursor keys when the...
  9. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, feb 01. - Hotfix release -When running programs from file browser, the system will properly change the working directory according to the path of the executable file. (Bug reported by Plasma.) -Fine-tuned the ALU and FPU benchmarking in the Infoformation panel, which will be more accurate...
  10. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

(i mean, 16 color vga mode)
  11. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

Thankyou for the feedback, i knew about the third problem, but i simply forgot to fix it in this release, even if i planned to do so, because am an idiot. Unfortunately i dont have a PC right now for approx week, so i cant do a hotfix for this bug right now. I already ordered the missing parts...
  12. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

2023, jan 25. - Compression, decompression, bugfix -Added support for file compression -Added support for file decompression -Currently, 7z, zip, arj, rar is supported. -You must download and install the compressor program separately, as Xcom doesn't have the compressor built in. Be sure to...
  13. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

Thankyou. I am working on this gui system for about 2-3 years. It has older code refactored from far older projects of mine, so i was able to develop it relatively quickly. I release 2-3 updates per year, which all containing bugfixes and new features.
  14. xdotcom

XCOM vintage gui system

XCOM (for DOS) Xcom (GUI system) has released for DOS. Xcom is a multi-windowed desktop environment with a file manager - it allows you to browse, copy, view and manage your files, start and stop programs, watch and listen basic media content and music. Unlike other windowing systems and...
Back