• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Kudzu Kid

Google Groups Cromemco Group Seems Challenging To Join. Help Requested!

Sorry to hear that... I appreciate that. DM sent. :) I can't wait! Have a great day and many thanks! --P
  2. Kudzu Kid

Cromemco Z2-D N00bish Questions

Thanks @nullvalue , looking at CDOS a little. It seemed to ring a distant memory from long ago. I appreciate that site. I'll look over a few of the manuals and see what looks tempting! :) I REALLY appreciate this forum. The responses and depth of knowledge is most impressive! Have a great...
  3. Kudzu Kid

Thanks for your response. At my stage of life, and after several decades in IT, and more medications than I can remember - I find a password manager (1Password in my case, there are others!) is really helpful! Cheers!
  4. Kudzu Kid

Hi All, I also posted this to the S100 Google Group - in case anyone there can help. The Google Groups Cromemco group seems to be set up in a spin cycle for new members. When I click on the "Contact Owners and Managers" button, I can type a message (apparently a masked email). That...
  5. Kudzu Kid

Thanks again @daver2 ! Yes, I've been soldering for quite some time, though not so much lately. Got really decent at it when I worked as Chief Engineer at a few commercial broadcast radio stations. I know exactly what you're speaking about. That why the "pucker factor" is high when I see any...
  6. Kudzu Kid

Greetings All, Is there a way to tell if a Cromemco was factory built or kit built? From what I understand, the Z-2 & Z-2D were available in both forms (kit or factory built). Perhaps by serial number or a revision number or something? Or do you simply have to eyeball the quality of any...
  7. Kudzu Kid

@daver2 & @granzeier I can't thank you guys enough for the info so far. I think that addresses most of my questions, etc. I'm sure I'll have plenty more as time goes on. I need to find a nice chassis and populate it, Since I'm planning on it being a single user system, I guess I have...
  8. Kudzu Kid

Thank you very kindly! Bookmarked!!! I DO appreciate that. Right now I'm scratching my head on the differences between C/PM and Cromix. Do I even need / want Cromix? I intend to have a single user system primarily running some dialect of BASIC. I'll figure it out. Again, I appreciate...
  9. Kudzu Kid

Hi Dave, Thanks for the warm welcome. I found out I was under moderation when I read an older but interesting post re Cromemco - and realized I couldn't directly DM the user. Also, there's a little banner at the bottom of my page (for now), that reminds me. :) Wow, I REALLY appreciate you...
  10. Kudzu Kid

A few questions: I’m pondering hunting down a Cromemco Z2-D (the cheaper $ the better, I'm old, fixed income, massive medical bills from heart surgery and cancer, but I'm still kickin', LOL, etc.). It’s only been ~48 years since I last used one. So I have a few questions. Yes, I confess, I...
  11. Kudzu Kid

Any Intertec SuperTerm Lovers?

Hi folks, I’m very new here. I think this is my 2nd post. Just discovered this site last night. I hope this is the correct forum to post this in. So I thought I’d see if anyone remembers a certain piece of hardware. If the following looks familiar - my apologies - I also posted it a bit...
  12. Kudzu Kid

Intertec SuperTerm Manual Online

My first post here, but I hope this helps someone. This is kind of a 'rare bird' but that adds value to the find, eh?! I found a two sites, but I believe this is the 'cleanest' of the two: http://vtda.org/docs/computing/IntertecDataSystems/1100500-00_SuperTermMaintenance_1978.pdf An amazing...
Back