• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

CHATGBT

I've been asking the CHATGBT AI thingy with questions about my old Zenith Z-110 computer and it was well informed about it. I did need to let it know I was talking about a early 1980 computer as it 1st said it had no info. After that it spit out way more info than I needed but did give me what...
  2. F

Free Tyan S1837 working

To moderator: Please forgive me posting this here but I figure someone reading about this class machine might like it. If it must be moved I'll understand. Come and get it FREE Tyan S1837 Thunderbolt with optional connector for ARO-1130U2 Raid option card, included. Has 4 SCSI 9gb drives...
  3. F

New England Dell M782 17inch VGA monitor FREE FREE FREE, Portsmouth RI, Pickup only

Works perfect nice shape. PM me if interested... Thanks framer
  4. F

IBM 5153 getting dull low contrast

My contrast control does little when turned and brightness works but may look not as bright as it should because contrast control does little. What a could I do. Is this a capacitor issue? Maybe just clean the potentiometers. I have little experience w/tv electronics but great soldering...
  5. F

Model 100 w/DVI

The computer and the front of the DVI had been yellow as the sun, won't boot do to a bad cap, on and off video when I got this unit. I re-caped the computer, re-caped the DVI, retrobrighted the cases and installed a 2nd floppy drive. After a year of looking for just the right monitor found this...
  6. F

Zenith Z-100 trying to get a ST-225 to boot.

I am using the zenith controller card and data separator. The drive was JP7 closed at 3-4 and 15-16. Straight through cables, no twist. Ran PREP /Q enter the data for the HD in HEX 4 HEADS 267 CYL rwc 12C WPC 268 STEP CODE 1 LZ 29E PAGE 61 of the Zenith Winchester supplement show a step...
  7. F

Composite monitor wanted

But not just anyone. Small, white case, prefer amber but green will do if the right size and workd good. A Tandy VM-2 is an example. It will be sitting on top of a 12 1/2 inch wide case. Years ago I had a Amdek monitor but I don't remember the model number. Please PM me with info and or...
  8. F

Vertical IBM AT 286

I've shown this on in the past but all the photos went bye bye when I sold my business and retired. I was hosting all my photos on my old business site. This Vertical IBM AT was one of two super finds in my 15+ years collecting old computers. I've added a couple of things and have been trying...
  9. F

XT 286 info I found on an IBM site.

Looking for info on the XT286 power supply I ran across this page with other info I was looking for and thought it might be of interest to any XT 286 owners or future owners...
  10. F

Installing Tyan S1830 motherboard into IBM XT case

Back in 2013 I installed a Tyan S1564D into thiss case. see https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/genres/pentium-first-generation/39328-good-luck-or-bad-continued-putting-a-pentium-mb-into-an-ibm-5160-case I use this same case for this install. We'll start with the finished look. It has a...
  11. F

ST-4182E Whats a good controller to get for it ESDI?

I thought I was getting a large MFM drive cheap but before I hooked it up I found out it was a ESDI drive. My understanding is that the two are not compatible. If that the case I need some guidance on what controller to get. I would like to use it in a IBM 5170 or 5162 if possible...
  12. F

Best way to shrink my collection

I'm looking at relocating to the south within the year. I know that whatever we buy down south it will be smaller and w/o my climate controlled basement. Has anyone had a successful vintage computer yard sale? My main issue is these are my pets for the last 10-15 years. I want them to go to...
  13. F

5150 16k-64k Keyboard not working?

Keyboard just quit working, it has been working. I have three IBM F keyboards and none work with this unit. Anyone have a starting point. Thanks framer
  14. F

WD-12 HD issues?

I pulled out a HD to checkout. It's been sitting for a couple of years and had previously check out OK. This time I LL formatted it with a 8bit win-gen controller card in a PC unit. Everything seems fine rebooted to the C:, no problem. Shut off the unit and rebooted no operating system...
  15. F

Industrial Computer Design Model 1018-PC PC-I/O board

I have a driver disk for what I believe was an I/O card for the PC. I do not have the card. Company was located in Westlake Village CA in the early 80's. files 1080-pc.bas 1080-pc.exe 1080spec.txt ad64-pc.exe da64-pc.exe 8255init.bas pcboards.txt read.me! sensors.txt Disk is in perfect...
  16. F

Z80a reset pin question

When unit has been off for several hours I can get a, pin#26 reset line, LOW pulse on start up followed by the line going high then nothing. On power recycle I get a fast flash of high then nothing. Am I right to assume I have a problem with the reset signal between the power supply and the...
  17. F

Model 100 DVI

I've been looking for a DVI for my Model 100. Got lucky on fleabay. Got the unit and I re-capped 1/2 doz caps that were leaking but no serious damage was done. The video comes on and asks me to insert a disk. I pulled the drive replaced a couple of caps and got it to boot a ms dos 1.1 disk...
  18. F

Driver and Manual for DFI Megalith Plus Memory Card

dorkbert, saw that I had a DFI Megalith Plus Memory Card in one of my computers I posted here and sent me a message to please post the doc's and drivers if I had them. Complete original install disk http://http://fastpictureframing.com/vintage/Megalith.zip I made a PDF of the complete manual...
  19. F

ST-225 speed up and down?

I've had an old ST-225 drive that I've been using for a decade go bad. I could still get it to boot but after 15-30 minutes I hear the drive spin down then back up then down and stops at some point. I believe it might be a heat issue as after it cools down it will boot again. Any clue what...
  20. F

TRS-80 Model 2 desk?

How rare is the Model 2 system desk. I acquired one in the late 80's and still use it as my main desk. I've tried several times to get a Model 2 but never got one. framer
Back