• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Help! I've Fallen Down a Rabbit Hole and Can't Get up!

So the PDP10 series - I have been reading a great deal about these, seems they run TOPS-10 and TOPS-20 and ITS OSes ... mentioned a great deal in the book Hackers by Steven Levy ... is there someone familiar with this that can speak to what it was like to use? There is a SIMH emulator for it...
  2. M

PDP10 / DECsystem emulation?

I take it I will never be able to afford the XKL "TOAD" devices which put an entire PDP10 on a custom chip, so, can anyone speak to regular PDP10 emulators? What is a good OS to use on them, etc.?
  3. M

The South Any interest in NOS Panasonic 18650 cells?

I have a LOT of these probably over 800, they are NOS - I am still researching how to ship them. Anyone interested in such? Can use for projects, use to rebuild old battery packs, etc.
  4. M

The South (not yet vintage) AMD A8-6600K or FX-8320/8350 desktops wanted

I am currently in Mobile, AL area but can drive a few hours... looking for hopefully more than 1 of these, desktops of any size, from larger gamer-style down to the smaller sizes or even the micro/mini sized; have SSDs for them but need CPU, board, RAM, case etc. Any leads welcome!
  5. M

Power Mac 9600/350 base - needs RAM, CPU, graphics card

It is very clean, but there is no RAM, no CPU, no graphics card! The motherboard is very clean, the plastics are good with no yellowing. What should I do with it?
  6. M

Mac Software on Original Floppies - Any value above value of the floppy itself?

I have various commercial Mac software on floppy, such as various Adobe Photoshop 2.5.1 and later versions, Deneba Canvas, Aldus PageMaker, WriteNow, American Heritage Dictionary, MS Works, Lotus 1-2-3 for Macintosh, Helix, Norton Utilities for Mac, plus a great many other, less well-known...
  7. M

Educate me on multitasking under MPM - what do I need for "power user" usage?

So CPM is nice, I like the apps etc. I am building a Z80 SBC and I also have an eZTiny that connects over USB. How do I run MPM? Do I need more than 64KB? The "specs" on MPM look interesting in terms of what was able to be supported (memory protection etc.) but what would I actually encounter...
  8. M

Value / usefulness of Z-120 (H-100 with builtin monitor)

What is the value / usefulness of the Z-120? It seems to be an S-100 chassis with both 8085 and 8080 in it, with a good monitor and good keyboard. How do you switch between the 2 CPUs and is there any useful software for it? Interested in people's experiences with this.
  9. M

Best "starter" CP/M machine? (and looking for KAMAS outliner software)

I have been playing with a Z80 emulator and it's fun to run old programs, but they are still running on my big 16GB RAM laptop... Is there a recommendation for the best "starter" CP/M machine? It seems that my options are looking on eBay for KayPro or TRS80 Model 4(P); there is possibly a...
Back