• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Issue trying to get an SLT 286 to change directory from A to C

Hello Jafir. Unfortunately I get a keyboard error message if I try any of those commands besides F5/F8, which is simply ignored. Once the keyboard error message comes up I can only proceed by pressing F1 (at its suggestion) and then it loads ToyBox.
  2. S

Thank you for your kind suggestions all. I'll have a crack at making an MS boot floppy. I'll have to burn to a CD and then transfer to a floppy on my slightly less vintage Toshiba 4000 running Win 95. As for ToyBox II, if I press Stop it just makes an error sound, if I press alt + s it asks for...
  3. S

Thank you so much for all your responses. FIrstly, I don't know how to exit out of Toybox II. If anyone knows please let me know. As I don't know how to exit I have to put a startup DOS diskette into the floppy drive prior to starting the machine and then it boots into DOS. The diskette says...
  4. S

Hello, I have an SLT 286 I bought a while ago on eBay that boots straight into a shell called ToyBox II. This is not a problem, I have a floppy that boots into DOS 3.30 if I insert it. However, I would like to see what's on the hard drive so I've been typing 'CD C:' and getting an 'invalid drive...
Back