• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. onesimus

Mystery Serial Card (Microtek SV622)

Hello! I ended up with this serial card on eBay, hoping I could save a few bucks and not have to get a Super Serial Card. Unfortunately, I did not do sufficient research, because as I have found, there is next to nothing about this card online. While it's definitely a serial card, based on my...
  2. onesimus

Question about Dallas clock chip modification/bypass

Hello all! I recently bought an FIC 4386-VC-V motherboard from ebay. Unfortunately though, it has one of the Dallas clock chips. Now, I've seen the replacements for these, whether they be the Necroware stuff or just a new Dallas chip. However, on the back of my motherboard, near to the clock...
  3. onesimus

Weird 5170 Floppy Issue

Hello guys. I'm having the weirdest issue with my 5170 and 1.44mb floppy drives. The issue is that whenever I try to go into the A drive (1.44mb), the screen blanks out and I have to reboot. This does NOT happen with the B (1.2mb) drive, I can get into it and access the files fine. Additionally...
  4. onesimus

TI Color Graphics Controller Card

Hey guys, I recently bought a 5170 which came with this pretty cool card in it. As the title states, it's a TI Color Graphics Controller that was apparently primarily meant for the IBM Professional Graphics monitor or TI's version of it. I was perusing through the manual because I'm having...
  5. onesimus

ISA Archeology

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this. I recently bought a 5170 and got a couple of interesting cards in it, one of which is this "Texas Instruments TMDS 34 7180 400 Graphics Module". Apparently it has something to do with displaying bitmaps, I'm really not sure. By googling the...
  6. onesimus

Best way to paint/restore a 5170

Hey all, I just wanted to ask a quick question of the sages of this great hobby. I have a 5170 that is in somewhat rough shape and possibly with a bit of rust coming in the mail in a few days. Since this isn't particularly pristine, I figured I would use this as my first restore attempt and...
  7. onesimus

Running PowerMac G5 Without Radiator Fans

I just received a PowerMac G5 with the dual processor setup today from eBay. It does work, but for whatever reason, the fan assembly that cools the water cooling area or whatever you want to call it is gone. So in theory, if I run it, the only cooling for the processor would be the rear exhaust...
  8. onesimus

EGA on 5153 Monitor?

Hey guys, I just recently bought a dual EGA/VGA card, a Heath 105-307-3. This got me looking into buying a 5154 monitor, but then I discovered some of the pitfalls of that particular monitor. Not only is there the price, but it's seemingly a bit unreliable. I've ended up finding out that it's...
  9. onesimus

The South Seeking Beige AT or Baby AT Case w/ Turbo Button

Let me know if you have one!
  10. onesimus

Best Mass Storage Solution for Apple //e Platinum?

Hey guys! I've just recently been able to finally buy myself some vintage computers that I've been wanting for so long, so I'm kind of new to the Apple // ecosystem. I'm interested in adding mass storage to my platinum, and I'm wondering what kind of solution you guys think is the best available...
  11. onesimus

Anyone familiar with setting up Sergey Kiselev's 8 Bit ISA HD Floppy Controller?

Hey guys, I just got one of these in the mail today and have been setting it up. I've got it working pretty smoothly except for one teeny thing, which is the thing I bought it for: I can't get it to read 1.44mb floppies. I have everything set up seemingly pretty well, I've tried it with the...
  12. onesimus

Troubleshooting a Socket 7 Motherboard

Hey all, I just bought essentially a system without a case. It consists of a J-Mark J-656VXD motherboard with 96mb of ram and a Cyrix 6x86 processor. The system SEEMED to work before it was shipped, according to the buyer and his photos. It worked when I first started using it as well. What it...
  13. onesimus

Manual for J-Mark J-656VXD Motherboard?

Does anyone know where I can find a full manual for this board? It's a pretty decent board, seemingly. I currently have a Cyrix 6x86 in it. However, since I now own it, I'd really like to have the manual for it in case I would ever need it. There is a bit of info online, like in the link below...
  14. onesimus

Microtek SV-622 Serial Card Help

Hey guys, always good to talk to you. I bought one of these serial cards for my Apple IIe Platinum from eBay. I'm sort of having buyers regret at this point because I need to change the dip switch settings and am having a hard time finding any manual for it. Essentially, I was just wondering if...
  15. onesimus

How can I find out what kind of floppy controller I have?

Hey guys, I have a 5150 setup with a couple of 360k drives in it. I got to looking at the floppy controller, because I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, I could get a 3.5" drive working on it because that would be extremely helpful to me. I doubt it, honestly, but I think it's worth a shot...
  16. onesimus

Help with XT-IDE

Hello everyone! I recently purchased the following XT-IDE (linked below). It works well, I just plugged it in and when I turn the computer on it sees my CF card and tries to boot from it. HOWEVER, it's at this point that I've ran into a problem that is stumping me. No matter what I do, I run...
  17. onesimus

Mid Atlantic Seeking full height drive cover for IBM 5150/5160

I only have a half height, leaving 1/4 of my drive space a giant hole and it's quite unsightly. Not sure how much something like this tends to go for normally, so if you have one, just let me know what you want for it and I'll get back to you on it.
  18. onesimus

Should I get a 5151 or a 5153 monitor?

Hey guys, I have been interested in vintage computing for a while, but have just recently started acquiring some. I have an IBM 5150 that will be coming in the mail tomorrow (very excited!!!) that comes with a CGA card supposedly (I'm not sure which kind it is exactly, see pics in the link...
  19. onesimus

Storage Solution for PS/2 Model 70

Hello, I am just starting my collection of vintage computers and bought a PS/2 model 70. At first, I was expecting there to be ISA slots but to my great disappointment I found out that there are only proprietary MCA slots in this model and it came with no HDD. Fortunately, the floppy drive and...
Back