• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

LD instruction not assembled CP/M 2.2

Thanks for your response. I have loaded ZSM onto my SC720 ZSDOS system and used it to assemble a simple program. Worked like a charm.
  2. R

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that the S was an error message. I guess I need to find a Z80 assembler for CP/M 2.2.
  3. R

Thanks for the suggestion. That will be my next step.
  4. R

I have no idea. It's the assembler that came with the copy of CP/M that was recommended for the SC720 Z80 computer kit. Is there some way I can check this (or maybe I already have)?
  5. R

Hi I have a simple program named leds.asm as shown below: ORG 0100h LD A,3 OUT (0),A...
  6. R

sload on 68K-MBC not working

Thanks for your reply. I understand the format of the S-records and how they work. I have implemented loading S-records into memory and executing the resulting program on various platforms including the 6502, 6809, 68000, STM32F411 and bare metal Raspberry Pi Zero. It just seemed like a strange...
  7. R

CP/M 68K assembly language programming on the 68K-MBC

I'm not planning on doing any bare metal programming on 68K-MBC. I've done that on various microcontrollers, raspberry pi zero and computers I've designed and built using the 6502, 6809 and 68008 (wire wrapping all the connections, no PCBs).
  8. R

Thanks for your response. I thought as the example program came with the 68K_MBC it should work. I discovered the BDOS functions late last night and I have been playing around with them all day. They seem to do exactly what I want. I appreciate your help...Randy
  9. R

Here is the example program for the 68K_MBC. C>type f:asmdemo.s * ================================================================================= * IOS equates IOBASE EQU $FFFFC ; Address base for the I/O ports EXCWR_PORT EQU IOBASE+0 ; Address of the...
  10. R

sload on 68K-MBC not working

I'm trying use sload on a 68K-MBC to load and run programs on the 68K-MBC. I'm using minicom with a newline tx delay of 90ms. I've tried baud rates of 115200, 19200 and 9600 with the same result. I'm trying to load the sample hello world program with s1/s8 s-records. The sample file looks...
  11. R

I'm trying to get the demo hello world assembly language program working on the 68K-MBC under CP/M 68K. It assembles and links without any error messages. When I run it there is no output, and no errors, after a second or two I get the CP/M command line prompt. I have no prior experience with...
  12. R

68K-MBC assembly instructions, setup and user guide?

I'd like to mark this thread as solved.
  13. R

Thank you for the link. It looks promising. I did find a link to this project on hackaday, but it was not as good as this one...Randy.
  14. R

Hi, I just received a 68K-MBC full kit. I was expecting there to be instructions on assembly, setup and usage. I'm finding it very difficult to find any useful documentation on the 68K-MBC. If anyone can point me to online documentation regarding this or provide me with information I'd really...
  15. R

Documentation for Humbug monitor for 6809?

It's been so long I can't remember the details. I believe I ordered the HUMBUG PROMs for the PERCOM board separately and then installed them myself. I'm not using HUMBUG anymore. I ported over a monitor I wrote for a M6809 SBC I designed and built myself. It's nothing fancy.
  16. R

I was looking for documentation of the version of Humbug in the PROMs on my PERCOM 6809 CPU board. I wasn't trying to use the version I found on the internet. What I found was not the same as on the CPU board. However, from the HUMBUG source code I found I was able to determine which commands...
  17. R

How did you get started into Computers (More than a casual user..)

When I was taking a course on APL back in the '70s it seemed that the goal of my fellow students was to cram as much into one line of code as possible.
  18. R

How did you get started into Computers (More than a casual user..)

A friend of mine wrote an interactive football game in APL that mimicked the STRATOMATIC football board game. That got me interested in learning to program. In the fall of 1970 I bought a book on FORTRAN IV. As a University student I could use the IBM System 360 mainframe for free as long as my...
  19. R

Percom SBC/9 6809 CPU board.

After a bit of thought and fiddling around a bit I think I have the correct documentation for my board. How do I close this post as solved?
  20. R

I found HUMBUG09.TXT in several places (they all seem to be the same) but it is quite different from the version I have. It may be sufficient for what I need. Once again thank you for your help.
Back