• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Trimming down the hoard - local pickup only - DFW, Texas

Hi folks, We're planning a move in the next year and I need to drastically slim down my collection. A lot of these items are heavy and/or fragile and I'm not interested in shipping, or paying Ebay/paypal fees. I'm in Denton, Texas. I'll accept Venmo or cash payments. All of these items...
  2. A

Need assistance from a BIOS / Assembly expert!

I'm looking for someone to assist with modifying the BIOS for a GRID laptop. These machines are notorious for only working with certain models of Conner hard drives. This post describes some success another forum member has had with modifying the BIOS, and includes a description of what's...
  3. A

AT&T 6300 won't post

I recently acquired a pretty loaded 6300. It has what I believe is a memory board (in addition to 640K on the motherboard) {EDIT} My bad: 640K total with the fully populated memory board. 8087. VDC 750 EGA card. Write-right bus enhancer. 20MB seagate ST-225. 319 display. Mouse. Boxed copy of...
  4. A

How to load .bin files on an Apple IIc

Hi folks, I recently acquired an Apple IIc in unknown working condition and without the power brick. I put a 7pin DIN female connector on a 12 volt power adapter from a Wyse thin client that I had laying around and got the machine working. Then I made a null-modem serial cable and got...
  5. A

AT&T 7300 RAM repair

Inspired by this post from a few months ago: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?49052-AT-amp-T-7300-Unix-PC I pulled my 7300 out of storage to have another crack at fixing it. It displays this image and has motherboard LED's 1(red) & 3(yellow) lit. According to the...
  6. A

Where have all the threads gone?

This may be a really stupid question, but when I look at, say, the Vintage Computer Hardware forum in the forum list, it shows 600+ threads. But when I drill down into that forum, I only see about 3 pages worth - approx. 60 or so threads. Was there a database upgrade or problem that caused a...
  7. A

Howdy from Denton, TX

Hi folks, I've been reading a bunch of posts on here and it feels like coming home! In college, I worked at a computer store in Rockville, MD. Initially we sold Atari, Commodore & Apple 8bit computers & software (mostly games), then the IBM PC came out and the boss figured that was where the...
Back