• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. dorkbert

The red Mac Plus

Did someone here bought that red Mac Plus on fleaBay some month ago?
  2. dorkbert

runaway shipping cost on fleaBay

there's something wrong when shipping an Atari SM124 from Germany is 42 bucks to US, but shipping from PA to CA is quoted as 110 bucks.
  3. dorkbert

curious observation

finally got around converting an IDE cable to CPU pass through for a Sota 286i card. drop the card in and set the toggle switch to "native" (8088/8086) and the XT motherboard throws FA/FB/FC000 ROM messages during POST. set the toggle switch to 286 mode and the error messages went away.
  4. dorkbert

video upgrade for PS/2 Model 50z

In a fit of insanity, I bought a PS/2 8550z, and now find its built in video... lacking. Does anyone have a spare cirrus logic based MCA video card?
  5. dorkbert

after decades, it finally happened.

... plugged in the XT/AT power connectors backwards (yeah yeah yeah. black wires from both connectors should be in the center.) I think it took out the motherboard and XT-IDE card (and I just finished building that thing!) grrrrh.
  6. dorkbert

II+ in the clear

I wonder where the shell was sourced from; since AFAIK Apple did not start proto in the clear till Image Writer II time frame. https://www.ebay.com/itm/202729852119
  7. dorkbert

need help finding dip switch/jumper setting for 286 board

It has "Protek" silk screened on the board and is based on Suntac chip set. I can't find an exact match on stason.org.
  8. dorkbert

wtb: 386sx PLCC

There are a few on fleaBay, but $30 a chip (shipped) is kind of too rich for me...
  9. dorkbert

Wtb: Ibm 5160

Looking to transplant a pentium baby AT board into it, so don't need much more than the shell and maybe the power supply.
  10. dorkbert

Micro Expander Model 1

Here's a couple of S100 machines mislabeled as Apple II clones... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Expander-Computer-Apple-II-Clone-/262659629106 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Apple-II-CLONE-/122168118781
  11. dorkbert

Apple II S/N 5

Interesting unit. The logic board and power supply have obviously been replaced. But the case lack vents common to later units. The serial number tag might've been pulled and reapplied. Keyboard appears to be consistent with a unit of that vintage. The shot of RF modulator appears to have vent...
  12. dorkbert

boot disk for digital research gold card

seeking boot (cp/m) disk for digital research cp/m gold card for apple ii's.
  13. dorkbert

WTB: Platinum Kensington System Saver for IIe

WTB: Platinum Kensington System Saver for IIe.
  14. dorkbert

wtb - short stem key switches for Apple II+

wtb - short stem key switches for Apple II+ does not need to be working, but the stem must be intact.
  15. dorkbert

Apple II+ RFI logic board

Got a few working Apple II+ RFI logic boards, $50 each, ships from zip 94536.
  16. dorkbert

power supply finally went...

after dodging the bullet for decades, this afternoon I got the scratching sound follow by a pop on the //e power supply. then I get to watch the magic smoke vents from the seams of the case...
  17. dorkbert

WTB: Apple II+ clone keyboard (with numeric keypad)

Please drop me a note if you got them lying around collecting dust. TIA.
  18. dorkbert

Ohio Kache Card manual?

Can Ohio Kache Card manual be had online somewhere?
  19. dorkbert

mmmkay, this is ... interesting

Never heard of this accelerator... (nope, not mine. personally I am a bit skeptical if not downright suspicious of it.)
  20. dorkbert

wtd: IBM 5155

due to weight, local is probably for the best.
Back