• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. DougM

Win98 Extended Memory

So I was put on a data recovery mission recently where I needed to pull the data off an IDE drive. Remarkably simple, I happened to have an old Intel Atom motherboard with an IDE connector on it and Win98 booted right up! Or it almost did. First I was able to add another SATA drive to it...
  2. DougM

IDE Drives available

In my new status as an almost retired person I finally decided to backup some of my computers. In digging around my shelf full of obsolete spinners I found 2 IDE drives and I'm wondering if they could be of use to anyone here? Or does everyone just use SATA-->IDE adapters? One of them is 80G...
  3. DougM

Youtube channel - equipment used in Chernobyl

Well, there goes my day :-) This showed up on Hackaday, thought I'd re-post here - all about the equipment used in Chernobyl. https://www.youtube.com/@ChernobylFamily/videos Of course the one about the paper tape reader caught my eye.
  4. DougM

Model 100 sales

I'm going to let my 2 TRS-80 model 100's go. One of them is in good working condition, the other I think works but has a couple of bad keys. My question is should I just eBay them or is there a special secret place where model 100 lovers go to buy and sell these? Thank you,
  5. DougM

CRT Retromod - feasibility analysis

This isn't ostensibly computer related, but I figure if there's a group of people anywhere who know a lot about CRT's it' likely you folks. The other day I was in the crawl space and I've had this thing in there for probably 20 years. In my blissful ignorance I think it's a WWII radar head...
  6. DougM

Hackaday link to 99/4A cassette rescue

https://hackaday.com/2023/06/16/persistence-pays-in-ti-99-4a-cassette-tape-data-recovery/ just in case you missed it.
  7. DougM

Pacific Northwest Paper Tape Punch Service - and request

One of my projects last winter winter was to restore a standalone paper tape punch I had sitting in my basement for too long. I repaired a dead solenoid, learned a *lot* about how the mechanism worked (genius!) and made a quantity of improvements. switched from a constantly running AC motor...
  8. DougM

Mystery Machine

I'm new to this forum and I'm stunned that I didn't find it earlier, but I finally think maybe I've found my people. Anyway, just for fun I want to see if I can stump @Chuck(G) since someone said: - - - - - - - - - - - - - Do you seriously know everything about PCs- hardware and software? I'm...
Back