• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. machine

Exchanging software like OS's, Applications and Diagnostics

I wonder if it would be good to set up an exchange for OS's and Apps for our vintage machines. Some of us will purchase machines which have no OS and of course a few Applications would be good to have too. I suppose there are legalities in giving away copies of software. Copyright does last a...
  2. machine

Professional collectors... Any?

Are there any professionals collecting computers. To be exact, is anyone making a living out of collecting computers. If there is then that will indicate a change in the nature of computer collectables. When computer collecting becomes a profitiable business it signals a dramatic change. I...
  3. machine

Electro-mechanical computer from '20's.

Also here is another website which describes an Australian 'totalisator' machine from the 1920's. http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bconlon/ The machine was used for calculating race results and were sold all over the world. There's some nice pics on the site of the huge machine. Here's a quote...
  4. machine

Old Tube Machine in Australia, Still Capable of Running.

By the way did you know that there is an old computer at a museum in Melbourne, Australia which is apparently the third electronic computer built in the world. It is called CSIRAC from the organisation which built it CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation). It is...
  5. machine

Don't sing on your webcam at the office.

You will like this one. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/girlsinging.html
  6. machine

There are only 10 people in this world...

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... Those that understand binary and those who don't.
  7. machine

Vintage machines at auction in Sydney, Australia

I used to go to auctions in Sydney constantly. I have seen quite a bit of vintage hardware go up for sale, usually it fetches nothing. Three years ago I saw 3 Commodore Pets go for just $20 each. There were a few Tandy model 1's still appearing at auction, but mostly auctioneers won't sell...
Back