• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Printer ribbon type?

Not sure if that helps much, but the printer mechanics were apparently sourced from a company named "Two-Day Corporation" in Riverton, Wyoming, USA (That's what the manual says).
  2. T

Floppy Drives with Dual Index and WP Sensors

If you don't limit your question to 5.25" drives: Every 3" floppy drive.
  3. T

Are computer museums 'bad'?

That shows a bit the dilemma those museums are in: If you look at this thing (which is a beauty as well in my view), to a layman's visitor, well it's just a boring box with a few switches - it could just as well be an internet radio from the late 2000s - and they wouldn't even stop by its glass...
  4. T

Writing Assemblers... What should a good assembler do?

I actually don't recall to have seen any DRI code that was using Z80 instructions. All I've seen was either PL/M or 8080 assembly (so wouldn't have used any relative jumps at all). What you have is probably a translation or disassembly from some other source.
  5. T

Ah, I forgot: Some means if conditional assembly (like #IFDEF/#END pairs) are very handy.
  6. T

CP/M uses the ".PRL" file format for relocatable binaries. Here's a description. LINK80 could create such files, but a linker is not mandatory.
  7. T

Well, with RSXs and GSX drivers, you can't know a load address. They're loaded to the top of memory (which is different for nearly every CP/M machine) and you can load more than one of them ("stack" them from the top down). But to elaborate a bit on what my essentials would be: Access to the...
  8. T

For "normal" programs, you don't really need or want reloctable code. But if you want to write RSX (resident system extensions) modules or GSX drivers, (and some "more exotic" system extensions that need to relocate themselves to high memory), you need to have relocatable programs - Especially...
  9. T

standard and fast ram on apple IIgs?

The Apple IIgs memory map is a bit convoluted because of its compatibility with the classic Apple ][ setup. The lowest 128k are set up like in the IIc: (48k main memory + 16k "Language Card" memory) * 2. The language card memory is bank-switched with the Apple II ROMs, because when in 6502...
  10. T

triple boot windows 98 windows 2k and freedos

I like Plop for its ability to boot from USB even if the BIOS of the PC doesn't support that, which can be very useful in places.
  11. T

triple boot windows 98 windows 2k and freedos

The Windows 2000 Boot Manager is quite limited. You might want to use an alternative, like Plop, for example. That's what I use, it also hase quite a number of other goodies you might want.
  12. T

Packard Bell 386sx RAM Issue

well, you seem to have 4 sticks of 4MB each - The 386sx needs to have at least one working pair to operate. So you can simply permutate your 4 sticks into the first 2 memory slots and should be able to identify the bad one.
  13. T

Progam Intel C

Most C code would probably compile on any contemporary compiler.
  14. T

Progam Intel C

That's a bit unspecific: Intel has produced compilers for the x86 line of CPUs starting from very early days (386) until today. If you don't specify what CPU and operating system this should be for, help is unlikely. But if your happy with the supported host platforms, even the more...
  15. T

CPU family tree - help needed

And in the ARM family you might want to add the NVidia Tegra which powered the Ouya console.
  16. T

Somehow I don't quite get why you have marked the SM83 with "Super GameBoy". That chip drove the original GameBoy as well, which I consider much more important.
  17. T

You're still missing the Phillips 68070, which was the CPU of the Phillips CD-i console (and not a derivate of the 68060, but rather the 68000 plus some on-chip peripherals.)
  18. T

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

There seems to be a severe mis-understanding on your side on what GitHub actually is: It's intention is to provide a platform to share and collaborate. It's not a one-stop shop to provide anyone with free goodies. And as the guys are providing the stuff for free, in their free time, with their...
  19. T

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

Well, he offers something for free on GitHub. A lot of work has probably already gone into this project. You get something for free and complain it's not enough (Which might be true for you, I agree, but: Bad luck, no free beer today).
  20. T

Quick Survey: What version of Dos for XT machines?

I'm using 3.3 on pure XT (or floppy) machines. Couldn't find good arguments for using anything newer on these. 6.22 for >286, FreeDOS as a dual boot when hard disk space is plenty, should have at least a Pentium CPU, IMHO.
Back