• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

A500 woes - again

This time, it's actually an issue and not a floppy disk I forgot to remove :) So I finally got around to getting replacement filter caps for my A500 and I snipped off the old ones and was soldering new ones in place when I noticed something: R302 was burned. I found a replacement in my parts...
  2. L

I think I killed my A500

Never mind - I fixed it. Check your floppy drives!
  3. L

Making my own external Amiga floppy drive?

Random idea I had. I'd like to get a second floppy drive on my Amiga 500 since the old SCSI hard drive died but I have no money with which to purchase either a new hard disk or an external floppy drive. I have heard that some PC floppy drives can be modded to work with an Amiga and from what I...
  4. L

This has been a great year for picking up vintage stuff

Alright, there's still a few more months in the year but I just wanted an excuse to picture all the vintage stuff I've found :P Here's what I've picked up so far this year... Amiga 500 with 1084S, SupraDrive 500XP (the hard drive has since died), mouse, a bunch of manuals and a 1541. Still...
  5. L

I just bought a Zenith SlimSport 286

Today I bought a Zenith SlimSport 286 laptop. It seems to work; I can hear the floppy drive and hard drive spin up and whir like normal but someone set a boot password where it won't boot from anything. It will dump me into a memory monitor if I hit ESC, maybe I could use that to clear the...
  6. L

Sound issues with an Amiga 500?

So I finally got a working null modem cable together and I decided to play some games on my new Amiga. The games play fine but the sound? Not so much. Everything sounds overdriven and distorted. Here's a recording of one of Skid Row's cracktros as heard on my Amiga: http://goput.it/9pz.mp3 By...
  7. L

I bought another Amiga 500

Alright, so the last Amiga 500 didn't work out so well. It seemed to work fine, but it was only the system and the power brick and I could never get a Workbench disk. However, I've picked up another Amiga 500 with a little bit more than just that... This new one came with: A 1084S monitor +...
  8. L

Early Sound Blasters - did they support stereo sound?

I have a Sound Blaster 2.0. Did the early Sound Blasters (1.x and 2.0) support stereo sound? Mine only outputs on the right channel. I'm not too concerned if they do or don't as I rarely use mine, I'm just curious.
  9. L

Picked up a PS/1

For the costly amount of $5, I picked up this IBM PS/1 Expert system. It's got a 50MHz 486, 40MB of RAM and a 250MB hard drive that, as usual, has the previous owner's personal documents on them which I will now destroy via DBAN or similar methods. The case itself seems to be pretty dirty but...
  10. L

Picking up a Sun Enterprise 450. Sorta.

I found this thing on eBay last night, so I'm working on buying it. Why would I buy such a thing? I dunno, it was cheap and I like big servers, especially if they're noisy. Anyway... It's got a single hard drive (appears to be 8GB), two UltraSPARC II processors running at 300MHz and an ATI Rage...
  11. L

Sale: Commodore Amiga 500

I never got a Workbench disk for it and it's been sitting on a shelf gathering dust pretty much ever since I got it. As far as I've been able to test without having the Workbench disk, it works fine. It has a 1MB RAM upgrade that the RTC battery has been removed from and it also has a Kickstart...
  12. L

Problems with a NEC Multisync CRT

Long time, no POST post. (edit: no strikethrough bbcode? :( ) Basically, I got an old NEC Multisync 3V CRT and it doesn't work. When you try turning it on, the thing starts clicking repeatedly and never stops until you cut the power. Nothing shows up on screen; I don't think the monitor warms...
  13. L

Sell/Trade: NES Games

Up for grabs are six NES games. They are: Ikari Warriors Spy Hunter Mystery Quest Tetris 2 Paperboy 2 Mach Rider $5 per game or $20 gets the whole lot. Buyer pays shipping, I will do worldwide shipping. These games have been tested working and are NTSC region.
  14. L

Catweasel or Kryoflux?

After having tried and failed many times to get a Workbench disk for my Amiga, I've decided that the only way I'll get one is if I buy an expensive floppy disk controller. So what's better to get, the Catweasel MK4 PCI or the Kryoflux? Both seem to be similarly priced and both seem to be able to...
  15. L

Sale: Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01

Decided I don't play my Game Boy enough to bother with keeping, so here it is for sale. You will get: Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01 Galoob Game Genie and code book Carrying case One clear cartridge protector Pokemon Blue Pokemon Pinball Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 Heinkyo Alien Face Ball 2000...
  16. L

Windows 95 and three-button serial mice

I have a Dexxa M-M31-9F serial mouse that I'm now using with my old 486. It works well enough, but it's a three-button mouse and Windows treats it kinda odd. This is what the three buttons do when clicked: Leftmost: (nothing) Middle: Acts like a standard left and right button combined...
  17. L

OCZ RevoDrive - Hardcard reborn?

Saw an ad for this thing in PC World the other day: http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-pci-express-ssd.html Looks like it's essentially the same thing as what the old hardcards were, only much newer.
  18. L

Having all these Wiki categories is nice...

...but is there a way to have something like this: Forum main page |- VCWiki |- Category 1 |- Category 2 |- Category 3 and so on? Having all those categories visible makes the forum front page that much longer to read.
  19. L

Amiga floppy drives/drive emulator

1. I found this cable on eBay that supposedly emulates an Amiga floppy drive through a PC. Does anyone know if it actually works? 2. Is the external floppy drive just a straight connection from the drive port to the drive?
  20. L

Happy Birthday Unkown_K

Hope you're having a good day!
Back