• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

DEC PCP-11 Laptop

I spend most of my time in the Tandy section, but I recently acquired a PCP-11 Laptop... It is a mechanical duplicate of the Tandy/GRiD 1755, one of which I got 'sometime back'... both of which is a rebranded Panasonic... Unfortunately it also suffers from the power-up issue common to many of...
  2. L

Scambled eggs and address lines...

Okay... see if you can follow me here. I am attempting to repli-create the 35-pin 1Mb(256kx4x8 ) RAMS for my 2810s and similar panasonic laptops... and I have been having trouble with routing, pretty much everything! So... I have 4 chips on each side, and unlike the original RAMs (which were...
  3. L

MILITARY vintage - AN/UYK-44 Computer!

I was floored when I saw this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-AN-UYK-44-Data-Processing-System/230953556173?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D9196816185488964379%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D230953556173%26...
  4. L

MT4C4256 Surface mount DRAMS (or equivalent SMT)

Am looking for this (these) specific memory device(s) for a project... 1Mb in 256kX4 setup... surface-mount (SOJ, I believe they call it). -80 or faster... The center 6 pins/legs are nonexistent... I would not care if they are board-mounted as long as they are physically undamaged. (I will...
  5. L

Possible Drive Ribbon Cable Repair?

As the title suggests, I open the question of cable repair on our older devices. The background: I have been 'dabbling' in the older Tandy/Panasonic 286-on laptops for... quite awhile now. One of the major problems has been the age-related self-destruction of the drive (Matsushita...
  6. L

35 Pin low-profile 1Mb RAMs...

Title pretty much says it all! A Panasonic-made RAM for some of their laptops... and others. Need them in pairs at the very least... a single pair would be nice! :D
  7. L

The OFFICIAL pictures!

Finally!!! Some pics of the suddenly-expanded stash! Top shelf- On the left - the Tandy JP-250 printer, with its brother/cousin (Canon BJ-5) underneath. The right - the GRID 1755... 8mb expanded with optional modem (a rare find!), and a 1.3gb HD compliments of DDO!! 2nd row- The first and...
  8. L

Back to school

I have (re)learned alot about CP/M... specifically Montezuma Micro's... and feel comfortable doing just about anything I need to... even to making it boot an IDE drive on my Model 4p... but Now I am attempting to learn CP/M3(plus) IOT: 1) Get it transferred to my 4p and its single 3.5" floppy...
  9. L

Win95 on a 386?

Has anyone been able to run Windows 95 on a 386? I thought I had at one time, but now Im not so sure... I attempted to install onto my recently-acquired-and-decked-out GRID 1755 (386sx/20+387, 1.3gb HD, 8mb) laptop. It SEEMED to do a clean install, but subsequent boots came up to the...
  10. L

Brainlessness and bits...

Last 'weekend' I had to get a PET scan done so I stopped first to visit w/ the older brother... and left BOTH my USB sticks at his place. :mad: ... and the smaller of the two is where ALL my memory-board work has/is been/being done. SO... I have to wait for him to send them to me... I have...
  11. L

Using DEBUG to get BIOS?

Has anyone been able to use DEBUG to get the BIOS of their system? I have successfully found the BIOS and have seen the drive table (at F000:D817-or-such) but being able to save it is foreign to this CP/M user...
  12. L

Use of CDROM on CP/M

Now that I have 'a few' small-ish IDE drives available (or soon to be), I am thinking of moving one of the 2.5-inchers to my Model 4p, and freeing up the room taken up by the 2GB 3.5-incher in there... Which makes me think... I SHOULD be able to put a CDROM in the slot once occupied by a SSDD 5...
  13. L

I just cannot believe THIS!!!

I was able to install WINDOWS 3.0 ON THE 1500HD!!! It is only CGA and slugs thru it, but it RUNS!! :shock: Didnt know 3.0 would run on an XT... but the V20 DOES supposedly have some of the 286 ops... Anyway, I doubt I'll keep it there as it sucks up alot of the little 20megger, but it is...
  14. L

Remembering GOOD software

** A very subjective topic ** In the very-early 90s when I had my first Tandy 2810HD, I found a cheap, simple program... For the life of me, I cannot remember who made it or what it was called, but it was basically a map that had nearly-all the cities in it... The reason I remember it so...
  15. L

On the subject of CAPACITORS...

This is a relatively new experience for me as I rarely poke-n-prod the caps... but Is it abnormal to read a voltage on the VENT CAP of an electrolytic? Im talking a full STABLE 3 volts... The closest cap to the one in question does NOT but may not be getting power when 'off', and the dubious...
  16. L

When all else fails, READ THE BOOK!

That is, after you find it! :shocked: The user manual for the 1500 clearly states that it does nothing unless it is charging or is fully charged, meaning yellow or green. So it does NOT blink when the battery is removed while on the power supply. That's a relief! And I like it that way. Wish...
  17. L

Something OLD... something new...

As in learned knowledge... Today I learned that the 1500 may have a problem in the charging/power circuit(s)... While 'playing' with the 'broken' 1800 I noticed that w/o the battery contacts connected the charge light BLINKED yellow when it would normally sit SOLID yellow while charging. I...
  18. L

EVER-so pleased!

To announce that I have FINALLY acquired (thru ebay) my 2810HD :D:D AFAIK it is 'mostly' a duplicate of the 1800, with a few 'additions': 1) External VGA port, 2) External KBD port (PS/2-type), 3) 4 Mb (4x1mb-30p SIMM) expandable memory (which I already have :D), Shows how bad the ole memory is...
  19. L

WOOHOO!!! Got my 2810HD!!

I have wanted another 2810 since I was forced to sell mine years ago... :onfire:AND I got it TODAY off ebay... WHOOHOO!!!:onfire: Not 100% sure its working as the guy said it doesnt come up for long... likely low/dead battery, (and bad P/S), but I have worked with variations of them alot...
  20. L

Feeling a bit drained...

It looks like the 2032 'coin' battery I put in the 1500 is not quite enough to handle this machine... That, or there is a power drain somewhere, but it seems that a new battery will keep things happy for no more than a couple of weeks.... FAR too fast for a memory-keeper! There may still be a...
Back