• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Newbie with an XT - Options for displaying CGA

RGBtoHDMI. One of these with the TTL board can handle CGA/EGA/MDA(Hercules) to HDMI. That way you can play with more video cards/modes/computers without having to buy more adapters.
  2. D

Identify an EEPROM??

What was it in? You can get an idea of what address pins were in use.
  3. D

CBM 8026 Printer.... Pretty...

I've never even plugged it in, it's stored under my bed.
  4. D

Anyone can tell me what is this?

That card doesn't have any ram, it uses the IIe's Ram. There were a lot of clones. https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Interface%20Cards/Z80%20Cards/ Including a brand new one that's much faster that's available to buy now.
  5. D

PET newbie questions about wimodem

Did you mod the wimodem to run on the pet? https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=839
  6. D

Atari 520ST

I used a rom splitter that ran under a st emulator, I just booted it, then used the splitter on the 104us.img and selected 6 roms. I actually used 6 27c512s and doubled up the rom per chip. I'm sending you a PM
  7. D

Small +5/+12 disk PSU?

I just used a RPD-60A as a replacement for an Atari St power supply. I love my meanwells.
  8. D

Typewriters that acted as printers

I forgot to show off my printer/typewriter. Apparently a OLYMPIA ESW-103, with a IEEE-488 thrown in.
  9. D

Win XP key on sticker not recognized as valid

XP introduced SLP activation, which most ODM (Original Device Manufacturer) used to activate. It was a copy of xp with oembios.* files that were customized for the oem bios strings. Very easy to crack/exploit. I ended up using SLP on my white box systems for years, using the intel bios tools...
  10. D

Is it possible to use a TexElec's IDE to SD Adapter along side the original Fixed Disk?

I'm running a 5160 with a MFM drive and a XT-IDE, and a 5162 (286) with a MFM and XT-IDE, no problems.
  11. D

Netpliance IOpener

I've got one of these with a ide adapter board and 128mb installed. It has Windows 98 installed and working on a microsd to ide adapter.
  12. D

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

I make and sell wifi modems, and everything is on my github, and the documentation has taken me as long as actually designing some of the boards. And it's not that long of documentation, it's just not my strong point to write it. If I wasn't selling the boards, I don't think I would have...
  13. D

Atari 520ST

I was assuming low to enable , and that's the high address line. I actually just doubled up each rom and burned so they would work either way.
  14. D

Atari 520ST

Yep, we quit carrying them at my work around 20 years ago and they handed me like 20 tubes of them. I've used them for tons of arcade board repairs, Commodores, Atari 2600 DIY carts, etc.. Really handy to have around, and you can't beat free.
  15. D

Atari 520ST

I used 6 27c512's in my 520st to upgrade to 1.04.. Pin 1 in gnd so it uses the upper part of the roms. (I've still got a few tubes of these left over from the ancient days.) And as for that ram upgrade... Is your board that exact one?? If not, it might not fit. There's a different 4mb board...
  16. D

No 5V DC on this Commodore 128

Ok, I checked on my u2 and I have 333 ohms or so.. You don't have a dead short. The switch switches +5 and half of the 9v ac. Gnd is unswitched. Now the power switches the middle pins to the ones close to the switch itself or the outer 2. The outer 2 are hot when the computer are turned off...
  17. D

No 5V DC on this Commodore 128

I'd double check the actual power switch to begin with. Also, what is the resistance in ohms that you are reading between +5 and gnd on say ic U2 (4022 near the joystick ports). Pin 14 is +5 and pin 7 is GND.
  18. D

TRS-80 16k color computer ram chips not working.

I just looked in my parts stash... I've got a full set from upgrading a coco2, but I'd just upgrade to 64k instead of fixing the 16k if it's bad. 64k coco 2 and a cocosdc is a great combo. (After a composite video mod).
  19. D

TRS-80 16k color computer ram chips not working.

Here's a thing to remember about the Coco2.. From wikipedia. What are your chips labeled?
  20. D

Found an old Linux hard drive

If you can connect it to a more modern pc, you can use a linux live distro to browse the file system. Ubuntu, etc support booting to try the os.
Back