• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

5150 - No Post, but runs Rudds Diag just fine.

I've got a 5150 64-256k board, that powers up, but nothing, leave it for forever and not a beep. I burned a copy of Rudds Diag Rom and stuck in on a adapter and the machine fires right up. A couple of weird things... One, Floppy controller ALWAYS passes, even when there is no controller in...
  2. D

Another Pet 2001N issue.

I've got a 2001N board someone sent me to take a look at. It's a 320350 board, no crtc. It was missing the Character Rom and a 6520. I've burned a 28c16 for the Character Rom and put in a good 6520. (EEPROM works fine in my 2001N board) I found that the crystal was dead and swapped in one I...
  3. D

The South Trs-80 Model 1 and Monitor : $20 + Shipping

Here's one Trs-80 Model 1 and monitor, very dirty, but working. Located in Chattanooga, TN. $20 if you pickup. or $20 + Shipping supplies cost and actual cost of shipping.
  4. D

The South Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, and QST Mags, 36 lbs,: Free

Next up for the low low cost of shipping is a 12x12x12 box filled with a collection of bagged and boarded Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, and QST magazines. Shipping with media mail from 37421. You pay shipping costs + 4 dollars for packaging, etc. First to speak up in the post gets it.
  5. D

The South Assorted Books, free just pay the cost of shipping.

Here's a selection of books I have, if you see one you want just reply with the title in the thread. Books Gallery Books are located in Chattanooga, TN.
  6. D

Look for Docs - Classic Technology Speed 286 Accelerator Board.

I've got a Classic Technology Speed 286 , it's an 8 bit ISA card with a 8 mhz 80286 and 1MB Ram, with a cable to plug into the 8088 slot. It also has a dongle to plug into the 8087 slot, and a similar dongle on a empty socket on the card. I'm seeking a manual / software. Here's the card, (Ram...
  7. D

Classic Technology Speed 286 add on accelerator for 8088s. Bad Ram.

I've got a Classic Technology Speed 286 in a compaq portable that keeps giving parity error stops when it's enabled. (Can't get things to boot to test, and it's got it's own bios, so I don't think I can throw a diag rom in there.) The board had 4 256mb sipps soldered on the board that I've...
  8. D

Replacing a failing Fluke 77

I've had the same Fluke 77 meter that I got for my 17th birthday... I turn 52 next month, and the switch has finally failed enough for me to let it go. It's a basic auto ranging meter, with Voltage, Ohms, diode and amps. My question is what is a good replacement currently? I have a 17B+ at...
  9. D

Usings a Jamma Power supply for a Trs-80 Model 1????

I've got an untested Trs-80 here, with no power supply, but I do have a couple of Jamma power supplies laying around. The Jamma specs provides +12, +5 and -5 , (4a/16a/1a) on the supply I have handy. Has anyone ever used one to power a Model 1? Thanks.
  10. D

Strange video effect on some characters Pet 2001-N board.

I've got a 2001-n pet board that has a strange artifact in some characters that are displayed. Here's an example in the new Bright Shining Star demo. The thin vertical lines aren't normal. I can see it on a few reversed characters, but unless I have something big like this, my phone camera...
  11. D

Apple //gs with Apple Color RGB monitor. Lost video cable question

I went to hook up my //gs today, and I've lost my monitor cable. Looking at the pinouts, am I correct that this is a DB15 M/M straight through cable?
  12. D

The South Wanted CBM Pet Graphics Keyboard Shift key.

I'm looking for a shift key for the Pet Graphics keyboard. I need the cap, post, and plunger. If you only have the cap, I'm open to that also. Thanks!
  13. D

Pet 2001-N PCB 320350, Stuck in reset.

I just bought a 4016 9" with a 320350 motherboard, and I'm having a time getting anything out of it. Occasionally it would run PETTESTERV4, but not anything else, and sometimes it would take leaving it on for 30 mins or so before anything runs. I washed the board yesterday, and tonight I got...
  14. D

Needing help with Prodos Smartport Multipartition Image usage.

I'm trying to get my head around using a smartport device with multiple partitions with a Apple //e. I'm booting disk images that have bitsy-bye as a front end.. https://prodos8.com/bitsy-bye/ What I'm not figuring out is how to change to different partitions. Grabbing my prodos manual, most...
  15. D

The South IBM 5154 Repair Service wanted.

I've got a IBM 5154 EGA monitor that I've had a poke at trying to get running, and I'm not getting anywhere with it. I've already recapped it, but something on the main board is keeping it from powering up. I'm looking for someone I can send the boards/PSU to for diagnostics and repair. USA...
  16. D

Coco 1 F Motherboard Power Issue.

I've got a Coco 1 F board that keeps popping q2 (MPSW01A). I'm trying to kinda follow the original board schematics, in the color computer technical reference manual, but it's a little different. I've got a MPSW01 instead of the tip29 at q3, (q2 on my board.) Now, this is getting hot enough...
  17. D

Just got another Coco 1. What is this mod?

I just got this in today, and haven't even turned it on. It came with a composite mod board, and another mystery to me board. The board was mounted under the shield with the ram, and has a 74ls12 and 74ls393 on it. It has Vcc,GND, and 3 other signals running to the board labeled HS, VCK, HSP...
  18. D

nils-eilers CBM-DOS-Wedge, romwedge.bin loads basic 2 wedge under basic 4.

Try to add romwedge.bin to my romulator, it works under basic 2 fine, but under basic 4 it starts the basic 2 wedge. "BASIC 2 ROM WEDGE (2012-09-19) INSTALLED" Of course that doesn't work. This is tested on a pet 2001, and vice (2001 and 4032 settings)
  19. D

Mtec K104 Keyboard. A/X/S Switch... What's the S????

I got a Mtec k104 keyboard this week, and on the underside it has a switch labeled A X S. A is At, X is XT (Verified), but what would the S be for? Standard 5 pin din connector. Here's the deskthority wiki entry. https://deskthority.net/wiki/Monterey_K104
  20. D

How did you get started into Computers (More than a casual user..)

Lately I’ve been reading a lot of old computer magazines. This got me thinking about my timeline of getting into and learning computers. I was born in 71 and got to first touch a computer in 3rd grade. It was a TRS-80 Model 1, and I was hooked. So, begging for what seemed to be forever I got my...
Back