• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Came Across A Store On eBay that has some unusual GRiD items

Several months ago, the guy had a motherboard and bottom half of the case for a 1520. He was asking something like $310 for it! I was feeling generous and offered him $100 for it. He declined it. Because it was listed as an estate sale, I thought he may not know what parts are missing. I offered...
  2. S

Midwest Wanted Three Inch Disks

After some digging, I searched eBay for 2.8" disk. I found a set here: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/235443483693?itmmeta=01HR197DEY25RB9VX8AFG362WZ Good luck, -Shawn
  3. S

GRiDROM Information

As the former moderator of the Yahoogroup, I didn't make any attempt to keep the chips close. I alone posted 3 versions of the 1520 Grid ROMs. As I remember, there was a 1535 ROM. There might have been others. Not everyone has/had (E)PROM readers. If you, or anyone else, is interested in 1520...
  4. S

Replacement cooling fans for Toshiba T3200

I have two fans if you want them. PM me if interested. Thanks, -Shawn
  5. S

Toshiba T3200 floppy drive problems

I understand. Things happen. The laptop and power supply are fine. I don't know how many amps the +5 supply is rated at. But it burned the trace until it separated and continued to supply power to the other components and complete the boot sequence. I since have bought to T3100's from eBay and I...
  6. S

I made sure pin 1 matched up. Burned the trace off the board.
  7. S

I forgot to circle back. DO NOT use these devices. The pinouts are incorrect for a Toshiba laptop. If this interface board is used, you will turn on the power supply and the long trace connecting pin 4 will smoke and burn off the board. My guess is +5V is getting shorted to ground. Do not use.
  8. S

GRiD 286 Vintage laptop

Mouser has made a few dollars of of me. I've recapped 3, T3200's. Both the power supply and the display board. I used a T3100 as cheap parts donor for the T3200.
  9. S

Wow! hat looks great. I will buy a few! It looks like the connector from the Toshiba drive controller is not keyed. It also looks like the connector on the converter board is not keyed either. So, I guess I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I will let you know how things go. Thanks again...
  10. S

I finally own a GRiDCase 1520!

I'll have to take stock and see what I have. I'm off on a tangent with Toshiba T3200's. I know most of my 1520's do not have hard drives. Once I get get back on track with Grids, I'll be sure to give an update.
  11. S

Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot.
  12. S

Do you happen to remember which capacitors you replaced to repair your floppy drives? I am trying to repair a drive that is failing. Thank you.
  13. S

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier! I would have responded. Keep in mind that I have the T3200, so my drives will be different. I had 3 drives. I threw away the one I damaged beyond repair. Of the two, one is a ND-352S, and the other is a ND-356S-A. The ND-352S sometimes will read a disk...
  14. S

I finally own a GRiDCase 1520!

Congratulations! I'm curious about the hard drive repair. Did you do it, or did you send it out of house to be repaired? If out of house, what was the company? I may have to send out a hard drive to be repaired and I am looking at options. Thanks.
  15. S

Grid System 2202 5 1/4" External Drive Question

Sorry for the late reply. I should check the forum more often. I bought the 2202 *many* years ago (like 10 or 15) from eBay. I thought it was the "standard" 25 pin (with one pin covered up) interface and I could plug it in to my 1520's to have a 5 1/4 drive. It wasn't until a few weeks ago, I...
  16. S

Grid System 2202 5 1/4" External Drive Question

Hello all. I have a Grid System 2202 external 2202 drive. It has a DB-50 connector interface. Does anyone know if this is this an old SCSI interface? Or, is it a parallel interface that can plug in to the parallel port on the Grid? Thanks, -Shawn
  17. S

Texas T3200 for parts - Looking for floppy drive

Hello all. I have a very broken Toshiba T3200. Display badly cracked. Hard drive bad. Floppy drive bad. But, motherboard, keyboard, case, and power supply are good. C17, C18, C22, C23, and C46 in power supply have been replaced. I have another (mostly working) T3200. I am looking to trade the...
  18. S

Toshiba T3200 - Long beep, black screen, no boot.

I wonder if the is actually good. But, one of the BIOS chips is bad. It is unable to write the memory test values to RAM. Something to consider. -Shawn
  19. S

Toshiba T3200 - Long beep, black screen, no boot.

If you're selling parts, I could use a floppy drive. Maybe even 2 if you have them. Do you have one available? Thank you, -Shawn
  20. S

Attempted a VGA LCD panel replacement for GRiDCASE 1530 with CIRRUS card?

I have not tried a replacement. But depolarization is going to be a problem as these displays age.
Back