• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Grid System 2202 5 1/4" External Drive Question

Hello all. I have a Grid System 2202 external 2202 drive. It has a DB-50 connector interface. Does anyone know if this is this an old SCSI interface? Or, is it a parallel interface that can plug in to the parallel port on the Grid? Thanks, -Shawn
  2. S

Texas T3200 for parts - Looking for floppy drive

Hello all. I have a very broken Toshiba T3200. Display badly cracked. Hard drive bad. Floppy drive bad. But, motherboard, keyboard, case, and power supply are good. C17, C18, C22, C23, and C46 in power supply have been replaced. I have another (mostly working) T3200. I am looking to trade the...
  3. S

End of Life Notice for some EL Displays

Several years ago, I bought a Gridcase with a EL bad display. I found a company in Florida called Capetronics that sells EL displays. Colin at Capetronics was able to locate a compatible display. It wasn't an exact match, but it was close enough. Today, I got an email that the overseas supplier...
  4. S

Grid 1520 Keyboard Problem - Input no longer accepted

Hello all. I was wondering if any of you can get me looking in the right direction. I have a 1520. I power it up and it works great - for about 5 minutes. After that, if you press a key, nothing happens (on the screen, at least). After 16 presses, there is an error beep with every key press and...
  5. S

Like a bad penny...

...I'm back! For those who don't know me, my name is Shawn. Was the administrator of the Grid Yahoogroup when it the group was on Yahoo. I advocated for moving the group here on VCF. When we relocated, I stepped away. Relationship issues, a move, a new house, and a couple ham radio projects had...
  6. S

Gridcase Laptop EL Display Help Requested

Hello all. My name is Shawn. I will apologize in advance. This post may get long and involved. I am the owner of a TEMPESTed Grid Gridcase (8086) that originally had a broken EL display. The display was visibly cracked and could not repaired. The display is a rare Sanyo LJ640U07. I thought I...
  7. S

Recommended Disassembler?

All, This is Shawn from the Grid rugged computer group over on Yahoo. I am trying to disassemble and understand the model 1520 (80286) BIOS code so that we can make an attempt to get the laptops to boot from Compact Flash. I've seen the pages for IDA Pro disassembler and PE Explorer. They seem...
  8. S

286 GRiD Computer BIOS Problems/Questions

Hi all. My name is Shawn. Thanks to everyone keeping the VCF site going. :) My ultimate goal is to get my '286 Grid laptop (model 1520) to boot from Compact Flash. I have a 128 MB CF and I can't get it to boot from it. There has been many years of on again and off again testing, by many...
  9. S

Best way to learn 286 Assembly?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to learn '286 assembly. I have a Grid 1520 (286 laptop). I'm the moderator over on the RuGrid laptop group over on Yahoo. mbbrutman has been a great help. But, the BIOS really needs to be decoded in order to get around some...
Back