• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Lutiana

VCF SoCal is happening, February 17-18 2024 in Orange CA

When: Saturday & Sunday, February 17-18, 2024 (Presidents' Day Weekend) Where: Hotel Fera - Events Center 100 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868 More details to come, keep an eye on their website: https://vcfsocal.com
  2. Lutiana

System Source Computer Museum – A Conversation with Usagi Electric’s David Lovett - 10/23 Hunt Valley, MD

NOTE: To attend, please register at: A Conversation with Usagi Electric’s David Lovett Details Please join us for a System Source Computer Museum open house featuring David Lovett. David’s is a legend for his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@UsagiElectric. He uses vintage technologies...
  3. Lutiana

IBM 1616119 - 60Mb Hard Drive for System/36 5362

Anyone have any detail on this thing that I can get? I am trying to work out if it's possible to install and use this in an IBM 5110 computing system (I suspect not, but you never know). I have the drive and an IO card/cables that may or may not be for the drive. I'll post some images of it...
  4. Lutiana

Compaq Presario 4505 Restore Disks

Anyone got them? Or have a line on them? I bought one of these machines at a thrift store and I want to restore it to factory settings.
  5. Lutiana

Apple Lisa 2 (A6S0200) - Is this Fixable

So I acquired an Apple Lisa 2 from work during a clean up. It looks pretty good from the outside, but on the inside there are several cut cables and the IO board has been vandalized, with ICs ripped off and passive components cut, though there appears to be surprisingly no damage to the PCB (at...
  6. Lutiana

Check out this site if you need to re-cap something vintage.

Working on fixing some vintage tech? Need to document it as you go? Want to make that documentation available for others to find and use if they need it? Re-capping the thing and want to share the list of caps you used to fix the thing? Well then this post is for you and you need to check out...
  7. Lutiana

The move is complete, but the tweaking has only just begun

Welcome to the new forums! Some things we are working on right out of the gate: Some members are being moderated, when they really should be. No idea why this is happening, but it has something to do with the permissions, we are working on it, as well as approving your posts as fast as we...
  8. Lutiana

The move to the new Xenforo forums is slated to happen Dec. 24 - Dec. 26

Hello everyone, Phase 1 of our forum migration has been completed, and after about two months of testing and a large amount of general feed back we decided that it is time to move into phase 2 of this migration, which will be the official transfer of the forum database from here to Xenforo...
  9. Lutiana

Come on over and test the new Forums

Hello everyone, I am happy to announce that we have been testing Xenforo for the last month or so, and it has been going very well. This has not been a secret test, rather just a quite one while we were getting ready to announce it. So come on over and give it a go, it's at...
  10. Lutiana

Platform Update

Hello everyone, Just a quick update on the process for determining where we want to go with these forums platform wise. Firstly, thank you to everyone who voted on the poll, it was very helpful and was a big part of our discussions around what we want to do. For now we have not decided if we...
  11. Lutiana

Forum Rules and Etiquette

FORUM RULES AND ETIQUETTE Our mission ... This forum is part of our mission to promote the preservation of vintage computers through education and outreach. (In real life we also run events and have a museum.) We encourage you to join us, participate, share your knowledge, and enjoy. This...
  12. Lutiana

New Platform Poll

Thanks to everyone who commented on the original announcement post for this. Surprisingly there were only 3 options suggested and here they are for you to vote on. The plan would be to evaluate the top pick and see if it could work, staying with vBulletin is an option, but I am not including...
  13. Lutiana

If we were to move away from vBulletin, what would you recommend we use?

Due to the plethora of issues that we have been trying to solve with vBulletin, we have decided to start investigating the possibility of switching forum software, and would like to start looking into the options available out there. To that end, we would like to ask all of you out there for...
  14. Lutiana

Signatures are back!

After some messing around, I worked out why signatures where not showing up and was able to correct this. Your signatures should show up in your posts now.
  15. Lutiana

We need suggestions, from you, on user titles

Currently this forum has only three user titles: Junior Member - 0 through 29 posts Member - 30 through 99 Senior Member - 100+ To me these feel like generic out of the box titles, and I would like to change and expand them, but I am not sure what to use. So I figured I would poll all of you...
  16. Lutiana

VC Forum - Now with bigger pictures!

I am pleased to let you all know that we have made some changes around the images system for posts. Most notably we have increased the stored image size to 256Kb, which means that you will no longer have those annoying postage sized images on your posts, and will hopefully reduce the need for...
  17. Lutiana

Forum outage July 31

Some of you may have noted that the forum had some issues late on July 31st, possibly August 1 depending on where in the world you are. This was due to a certificate issue on that some how turned into a larger issue with the hosting software. Thanks to broswell jumping on as soon as he heard...
  18. Lutiana

Issues with Private Messages - In some cases they arrive blank

We are aware of an issue that seems to affect new users in particular. Basically they are able to send PMs, but when the PM arrives it is blank. This is proving to be a difficult issue to resolve, but we are working on it. More updates will be posted when we have them, so please watch this...
  19. Lutiana

Forum Updates

Hello everyone, Just wanted to take a second let you all know that we (the mods) met with the VCFed leadership to discuss the various issues that have been going on with the forums since the change to the new version and have started to make some steps towards getting them resolved, at the same...
  20. Lutiana

Help me work out this Turbo Speed Indicator, please.

I am working on moving my 486 machine into a more period correct case, one I found in a storage quite a while back. It has one of those speed indicators on it, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to hook it up and make it work. Here are some images of the front and back of the board...
Back