• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

IBM5160 and Inboard386/pc and remoting of same

Hello My hobby has for some years been the IBM5150 - and i have used many hours on the IBM5150 and Inboard386, but only now started with the IBM5160 and Inboard386, so here also new stuff for me. The other thread "Windows 3.1 w/ Intel Inboard 386/PC - VxD Issue" harrision.frazier mentioned a...
  2. C

Different types of Intel Inboard 386/pc's

hello For some time my notion were - there are two different versions of the Inboard386/pc. But is it so ? The inboard with 8 bit RAM chips (non parity type) ..i have a DOA card with inner sticker: fcc id EJM5MYINBRD386PC (Singapore) (i have tried a quick repair - but my card is still not...
  3. C

486 at 2Mhz , on ebay

hello *not me selling* But impressive speed record, i think: https://www.ebay.com/itm/486-computer-with-unique-speed-record-running-at-2-Mhz/133436656935 /cimonvg
  4. C

replacement for 80286

(edit amd286-6mz to amd286-8mhz)
  5. C

Inboard 386 and compability

Hello "The Installation Guide for the Inboard 386/PC" do not mention any problems with compability. But when you look at the text files in "IBRD.ZIP 119907 01-07-93 Inboard 386 Technical Specifications & Notes." http://cd.textfiles.com/pier02/010a/ibrd.zip ..you see that a lot of software and...
  6. C

running MP3 player on IBM5150a with inboard386

hello the other day i did buy the soundtrack to the new blade runner movie. Normally i do only buy and play CD's and analog LP's. But now i own a MP3 for the new movie. Must admit i am fan of the first blade runner - and looking forward to see the new movie in 2 weeks time. I have had this IBM...
  7. C

running 5x86 cpu in IBM 5150 with Inboard/386

hello Here is some news in my slowly ongoing hobby - of making the most out of the old 5150 motherboard. In marts 2015 i did run 486 with inboard 386/pc in a pc-clone. (*1) And cyrix 5x86 were the logic goal for this upgrade. But i had to acquire an cyrix 586 cpu and a VRM...
  8. C

taking selfies with IBM 5160 and Inboard386

Hello what is possible with the old 5150/5160 motherboard ? Well today i took a selfie with the old pc :) On ebay there were a "AudioVision" (from SmithMicro) software box for auction. It states minimum: 4 Mb ram and windows 3.1. Let me to thinking "can a 5150/560 with Inboard386, do...
  9. C

Running Win32s on ibm-5150 with Inboard 386/pc

Hello For the last decade , my personal hobby has been modifying the old IBM pc, in quest for more speed and more possibilities regarding software and hardware enhancements. The hobby took shape on basis of my experiences in 1987 when i did buy my first PC. It was an nice clone with only floppy...
  10. C

running 486 on Inboard 386

Hello The xt-386 class hobby still ongoing, and today I did get my Inboard 386/pc to run an Intel 486 cpu. ;) I used a "Transcomputer" converter and a few socket extensions. Did buy two used converters, made for IBM microchannel and for Compaq, and they both seems to work. I did not buy the NIB...
  11. C

value of old software ? (not mine)

hello sometimes it is interesting, seeing at what price some old classic software (or hardware) is acquired for..:eek: the other day i were in the mood for some "new" vintage software and did buy an old windows...
  12. C

IBM 5150 on ebay....

hello if did not have one of myself - i would make a bid on this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-5150-PC-w-Clicky-Keyboard-and-Software-/390710785271?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af82d74f7 Personally i think the first 5150 is really cool - kind of simple and pretty old...
  13. C

Inboard cpu upgrade ?

hello I recently received a refurbished cpu upgrade card the FRU 92F0436. (at a nice price of 7.95 us$ ;) ) And I write in this forum , course I would like my Inboard/386 to bee upgraded with a 486 cpu :o) The question is. The item is sold only for enhancing the IBM PS/2 Mod. 70/80 ..but can I...
  14. C

T1 adjustment on motherboard 5150

hello I have a broken trim "T1" on a IBM 5150 (64-256k) motherboard. And I do have another motherboard where I can borrow a "T1" from. My plan is to replace the broken one , with the good one from the faulty motherboard. Anyone with comments on how to adjust the "T1" (I do have a 10 Mhz...
  15. C

USB connection for the old PC

Hello I dream of making the old pc more useable.. to have a xt pc with USB interface. I was think of , something like a SCSI controler and a CARD reader , and a SD-card/USB (in one). But it was not a complete solution, and not that cheap either. Yesterday I did stumbled on a device , that could...
  16. C

chipset ic on 8088 motherboard

hello anybody who knows this board ? "minerva" "magitronic" just turned it on the other day , and works fine. But do the "chipset" ic give additional features ? looking forward - items on the way to me - Evergreen Rev to 486 CPU upgrade 386 to 486 , for my Intel Inboard ;) - Tecmar Winchester...
  17. C

this is my hobby

hello A hobby is a way of spending your time , think of something else then work and other duties. My hobby , a the moment , is getting the most out of the old pc-xt. Today I spend like 5 hours - AND did get windows 3.10 to boot on a xt motherboard :D In all read-me files , it says...
  18. C

Intel Inboard 386/xt memory upgrade

hello I am a new user of the Inboard 386/xt. Got the card some days ago, and did power it up just some minutes ago. bip,bip,bip,beeep,beeep,beeep,bip,bip,bip not good. Turned to the text files I downloaded some days ago. (search "IBRD.ZIP 119907 01-07-93 Inboard 386 Technical...
  19. C

Procom Xelerator info.

Hello I just received a SCSI card named "Procom isa SCSI Xelerator", but have difficulty finding any documentation on this card. It boot's the floppy drive , but I dont know the key combination or jumper selection for entering the "bios" on the Xelerator. Anyone any clue ?? best regards cimonvg...
Back