• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

CoCo Relocatable Peripheral I/O Design Request

As some may know, I design peripherals for the Tandy Color Computer. Given the limited expansion I/O space available on the CoCo, and the further restriction that (concerning I/O space) only $ff40-$5f is "switched" via the MPI, I'm trying to ensure CoCo peripherals can be relocated in I/O...
  2. B

VSCAN/VSU Data (Ron Larkin)?

Again, some interesting disks (dozens) with no doubt some type of project level data on them. Some say "Movie Data". TOo many projects here, so happy to send on their way to another party interested in the disks or the data (or both) for cost of shipping: Jim
  3. B

PDP 8" disks for cost of shipping

In a batch of TANDY Model II stuff, I found the following disks, which appear to be DEC-related. I can't image them yet, don't want to re-use them without imaging, and wonder if there's anything of use on them for someone else. As such, if someone wants to pay shipping, I'll send them on their...
  4. B

Looking for copy of Pickles and Trout CPM 2.2M for Model II/12/16B

Have one here. It booted. I was playing with it. Then, I popped it out and rebooted to an original TRSDOS 2.0A. Something on that disk left debris on the head. drive would not load. Put in the CPM disk, and it are the coating right off the disk on a low track (outside edge). So, no more...
  5. B

Imaging Compaq Portable III Type 43 drive

Drive boots and I was able to use Laplink to copy all files off to another PC. But, I wanted to make an image of the HDD before it dies. I tried to find a tool like Laplink that would image the drive over serial, but could not find anything. Anyone know of a tool? So, I pulled the drive, and...
  6. B

Compaq Portable Computer III parts for sale

Unit boots from 1.44MB 3.5" floppy. CMOS battery needs replacement, plasma screen has an issue, and Conner CP321 HDD is non responsive. KB works, but cord has the common plastic brittleness. Plastic is in fair to good condition, but KB does have some plastic missing in front corner. Pics...
  7. B

COmpaq Portable 386 CMOS battery

Side rant: You have to essentially disassemble the back of the unit and remove the motherboard to get to it! :-( Anyway, I got to it. It's a Eagle Picher LTC-16P-CO-F-S3 My Google-fu must not be up to snuff today. Can't find any mention of it online When I search, I get references to...
  8. B

Shnedler Systems TurboMaster Reverse Engineering

https://github.com/go4retro/TurboMaster/ Progress: PCB scanned Artwork converted to EAGLE schematic and PCB PCB design ordered PCB design populated and confirmed working U1 PAL reverse engineered U4 is not registered, so should be easy to determine. U6 and U18 are registered, so tougher to do.
  9. B

Compaq Portable III Parts Needed (or maybe parts to sell...)

Non working Portable III. When power is applied, PSU cycles, trying to start. I pulled the unit apart, and the PSU will run with no load, but clicks. If I slow down the fan, the unit resumes the cycling. Unless there's a way to fix the PSU, I think I need a replacement, but not sure if those...
  10. B

Compaq Portable I Expansion Options

So, now that my CP1 is working (temp using an IBM FDC, but am working to repair the Compaq one, since the IBM one does not fit in the special slot for the Compaq FDC), and the keyboard is working once again (curse the designers of that KB, but kudos to Texelec.com for the new pads!), and I...
  11. B

Compaq Portable I Floppy Drive COntroller 601 Error

After buying a dual floppy (looks original inside) Compaq Portable I (but, I'm not an expert, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong :-) at VCF East a few years back, trying to boot it, failing, and stowing it away for a better time to diagnose, I finally pulled it back out and started debugging...
  12. B

HEXTIr - The TI HexBus SD Drive

For those not on other forums, I am working on a TI HexBus-based SD card drive, and I have it working (well, loading and saving programs, other stuff being added as time goes on) GitHub source code is here: https://github.com/go4retro/HEXTIr Video of unit operating...
  13. B

KayNET, Anyone?

Does anyone here have a KayNET System: https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_kayproKayn_4822341 http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/kaypro/hardware/kaypro%20kaynet%20users%20guide.pdf The product is called "KayNet", a baseband twisted pair CSMA/CD local network operating at 125kbps. It uses a...
  14. B

Jameco JE520 ROMs

I know this is a long shot, but I am wondering if anyone else has a circa 80's speech synthesizer made by Jameco Corporation called the JE520? It was sold in two forms, as I recall, a JE520-CM for CBM, and a JE520-AP for Apple units. If anyone does, I am wondering if they might be able to read...
  15. B

Anyone needs 286/SLT or 386/SLT parts?

Through the generosity of a Classic Computers mailing list member, I have a few odds and ends for Compaq SLT/286 and 386/SLT machines. If anyone is looking for a piece or two to make a machine whole, let me know, as I might be able to help. Jim
  16. B

Amiga Text to Speech

Does anyone have the ability to generate some audio of the original Amiga narrator.device and the translator42 replacement saying the same thing in some fashion? JIm
  17. B

Kaypro 10 Hard drive formatting/installation help needed

Wokring on getting a K10 up and running. Had a bad ST225, but someone shipped me a working ST251. I have the 14 disk restore disks, but when I run hdskfmt, it completes without error but the submit restore (or whatever the next command is), errors out immediately saying drive write fault. I...
  18. B

Tiny PC option?

Looking for a tiny PC option, something with at least serial console and XT KB port. At present, I want to test my XT KB routines, but I could see utility in a small form factor 5150 workalike. I used to have a PC/104 sized 386 based machine, and was wondering if anyone or had links to such a...
  19. B

TEAC FD-55B setting for Kaypro /84 use

I have some working TEAC FD-55B units I want to put in my K4/84. I have hooked them up and all looks good, but I am unsure of best jumper settings. Help would be appreciated: Should IU (head load on pin 4) or HL (head load on pin 4) be enabled? Any reason to leave ML (motor running)...
  20. B

64NIC+ Commodore 64 Ethernet cartridges on sale

I thought I'd let folks know that I am running a sale on network cards for the 64. From now until either stock is gone or December 25th, 64NIC+ sales are $10.00 off. I figure more network cards should equal more apps for the C64 network card being produced. Use Coupon code 'NICSALE' on your...
Back