• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Another PET 2001 with no cursor...

This is my Pet in a suitcase project that I repaired and built many years ago now. At the time it was working well, but as since decided to be a pain. The system is basically a 2001 motherboard and transformer/capacitor in a suitcase with a small board mounted to the video out header to produce...
  2. N

PSU help!!!! (Transistor identification)

Hi all, a friend and I have been working or resurrecting a 5160 PSU (220v). It's been a mission! We have replaces a number of components that were either obviously dead or corroded and crumbling. Unfortunately, still no luck getting it to work. I was wondering if anyone recognises this part...
  3. N

5150 keeps giving...

Ok... this is the 5150 that just keeps giving…so after a long hiatus I finally got my 5150 PSU recapped and found a transistor was dead, which was replaced. PSU working well now with good voltages. When I first powered the 5150 on with the recapped PSU, I got a dead parity RAM in bank 0 message...
  4. N

5150 220V PSU shutting down

My 5150 PSU has suddenly started shutting down the other day, I pulled the machine apart assuming I'd find another shorted tantalum cap on either the motherboard, one of the cards, or the floppy drives, but I didn't, so I ended up thinking it was maybe a fault with the PSU itself. At that point...
  5. N

DOSKEY for DOS3.31

Not quite sure what forums to ask this in, but does anyone know if DOSKEY can work with DOS 3.31... or is there a 3rd party program that can do the equivilant?
  6. N

Model F keyboard restore

Hi all, I am restoring a couple of model F keyboards. One works, but is super grubby and will be dismantled and cleaned. The other keyboard didn't work when plugged into my 5160 and 5150. It also has some missing keycaps and a couple of broken barrels. I have ordered replacement foam mats...
  7. N

I hate myself - M keyboard

Now that the two 5160's and the 5150 are all up and running, I've been working through some of the smaller parts. And today I decided to clean up the M keyboard as I was sick of using it in its grubby state. I decided, as the keyboard was working fine, that I wouldn't pull it apart and risk...
  8. N

How does the PC know it's a bad MDA card?

In the barn find that keeps on giving I'm looking to fix a Hercules MDA card. When plugged into my 5160 the machine will produce a long beep followed by two short beeps (meaning: cannot find an MDA video card to initialise, or the MDA card is faulty). However most of the time the card actually...
  9. N

Asynchronous card causes 101 error

with much help from modem7 I have been slowly repairing the 3 barn find IBMs. All 3 are working now, so I'm moving on to some of the cards that are funky. First on the list is an IBM Asynchronous Serial card that causes 101 error, or a no boot situation. Assuming It has something to do with the...
  10. N

ROM dump from SIS 23C01 needed

Hi all, I have a clone Hercules card with a SIS 23c01 masked character ROM (2732 pin compatible). I suspect the is ROM has died as all characters are just blocks on the screen, and wanted to program a 2732 in its place. I grabbed a random ROM images from another Hercules/MDA card that I found...
  11. N

5150 dead, alive, and now dead again...help!

Hi guys, I recently got three ratty IBM PCs. A 5150, 5160, 5271. This was a barn find and they must've been there for 20 years. The 5271 has been repaired and out of the it three was in the best condition. I have been making progress with the other two machines, with a lot of help from Jacob...
  12. N

486 stopped working...help

My 486 (Micronics JX30WB motherboard) just stopped working. It shows post code 3A, which looks like an 'Autosize cache' error. It just stops after showing the ROM info boot screen...Very upsetting. Help, has anyone got any ideas how I can repair this?
  13. N

Can't boot dos from floppy - Weird!

I have been restoring a 386, and have been experiencing a weird problem in that when an IDE device is attached (e.g. IDE drive, or CF card in a CF to IDE adaptor) I am unable to boot from a floppy drive. On boot-up the machine posts and the floppy drive is accessed and it seems to start to load...
  14. N

configure/program XT-IDE in 486

I just finished building my XT-IDE and tried to program/configure it in my 486 to use it in a 5150 that is presently being shipped to me. It had a blank 28C64 installed. The 486 would not boot with the card installed and the ROM enabled, so I disabled the EEPROM on the XT-IDE board via the...
  15. N

New Zealand Alps SKFF double action keyswitch

Hi all, Looking for an Alps SKFF double action key switch. I'm at the final stages of restoring an Apple ///, and one of the last things I need to do is replace a single broken key switch. They come in two varieties (White and Black plungers), and I believe either will work for my purposes...
  16. N

WANTED: S-100 serial card

Hi, I'm looking for one for the following S-100 cards: -CompuPro Interfacer 1 card -Solid State Music SSM-IO4 -MITS 88-2SIO -Processor Technology 3P+S Thanks
  17. N

looking for a Processor Technology 3P+S cardL

Hi all, I'm looking for a Processor Technology 3P+S card. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks
  18. N

Looking for a Processor Technology 3P+S card

Hi all, I'm looking for a Processor Technology 3P+S card. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks
  19. N

Microsoft vs Logitech serial mice - Differences and troubleshooting

I have an old Zenith Laptop ZFL-181-93 which has a single DB25 RS232 serial port. I recently decided to hook up one of my Logitech compatible mice (Dexxa brand - I have a couple and have tested them to work on another machine) to the machine via a DB25 to DB9 adaptor and then a DB9 gender...
  20. N

WTB: Apple II+ case badge

Looking for an Apple II+ case badge Thanks!
Back