• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

WTB: 110mhz microSPARC CPU from SPARCstation 5

Long shot but I'm looking for the 110mhz microSPARC-II CPU from a SPARCstation 5. CPU only and one from the socket version obviously (early ones were not removable or something).
  2. N

Free: Multiple Scan 17 monitor (pickup only - BC, Canada interior)

I've had this monitor probably 15 years but I can't justify keeping it in my tiny house. Worked fine last I recall. Case is a bit faded and the cover for the front buttons is missing. Anyone wants it I'm in the Kelowna BC area.
  3. N

Floppy drive belt for Compaq LTE 386s/20

So I've got a Compaq LTE 386s/20 with a floppy drive that doesn't work, it just makes a bunch of noise the whole time any disk is inserted. I found some articles talking about the drive's belt likely being the issue here so I've pulled apart the drive and removed the belt. It was still intact...
  4. N

WTB: Sun type 5c keyboard and type 5 mechanical mouse

Like the subject says, I need a type 5c keyboard and type 5 mechanical mouse for a sparcstation. Type 6 non-USB might also be an option.
  5. N

WTB: Apple promo materials from 80s-90s

I think I'm mostly after VHS tapes with promo content from Apple around the late 80s through to the mid 90s. May also be interested in other items assuming they're not overly large for shipping. Also might be looking for other old tapes of TV shows that used Mac products from the 90s. One...
  6. N

Motorola PowerPC board (PReP or something) boot media

So I've got a Motorola Atlas board with the IBM PPC 604 (https://wiki.preterhuman.net/Motorola_Atlas) and I'm wanting to get NT 4.0 installed. According to this old page https://web-docs.gsi.de/~kraemer/COLLECTION/MOTOROLA/wntps.html it says I need some Motorola specific boot disks. My system...
  7. N

WTB: Apple IIgs ROM 01 chip

Looking for the ROM 01 chip for an Apple IIgs to upgrade my ROM 00.
  8. N

Dell 425S/L trying to figure out beep code error

Trying to resurrect a Dell 486 box and I'm getting two slow beeps followed by four fast beeps and no video output. Supposedly this could mean "ROM BIOS checksum failure" according to a Dell article. The beep codes change to something else if I try pulling the battery out. They don't change if I...
  9. N

WTB: 386/486 era PC case preferably within Canada

Need a case with or without power supply for a 486 build but shipping looks like a killer on any of the eBay auctions that even ship to Canada. Anyone in Canada looking to sell? Ideally a smaller tower or desktop is fine too.
  10. N

Anyone try an Asterisk PBX for using dialup modems?

So I've got a bit of an odd project in the works and I'm wondering if anyone else has actually done this before... I'm attempting to use an Asterisk PBX in my house setup with two extensions, each with a grandstream ATA connected to a modem. I first deployed a PBX based on Asterisk 13 but the...
  11. N

WTB: SGI Indy R5000 CPU

Trying to hunt down an R5000 upgrade for my Indy that won't break the bank. I'd prefer the SC version with the L2 cache. I may also be looking to buy a 24 bit graphics board for the Indy if anyone still has these types of parts around.
  12. N

M921 486AVIP ver 1.1 posts but 8 beeps and no video

Have a strange issue with this 486 board I've been trying to get working. AMI bios codes say 8 short beeps equals a video card problem which makes sense as I'm getting no video output. Problem is I've tried about 10 different PCI/ISA cards from various vendors, and all but 1 actually halt the...
  13. N

Wanted: 486 systems in BC, Canada

Was thinking about getting back into toying with some 386/486 machines. Just need the tower, no keyboard/monitor. I'm located in Kelowna and don't want to pay a whole lot for shipping this stuff so please be within BC.
  14. N

just another mac guy

Hey all, I found this site by chance when searching for the name of a computer store here in Canada that used to sell lots of old equipment. I'm an Apple/Mac fan of anything pre-1997, and my first personal computer was a Mac IIsi sometime in the mid 90's. I've also toyed around with IBM XT...
  15. N

My gear from the past and present

Notable past mentions: -ELF II -Bell & Howell Apple IIe -WOZ edition Apple IIgs (SCSI interface, RAM upgrade, ran GS/OS 6) Current: -SGI Indy -SGI Iris Indigo -Apple IIe clone -Mac Plus -Mac SE/30 -Apple Newton 100, 110, 120, 2000 -Mac color classic -Mac Classic II -Amiga 2000HD with 030...
Back