• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

IDE DOM Recommendations?

I usually get XT-IDE+CF from Blue Lava Systems but due to a supply issue I ended up getting another one that was just XT-IDE, so looking for something I can put on that.
  2. L

IDE DOM Recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for DOM's that work well with your IDE in retro solutions such as XT-IDE?
  3. L

IBM PC Cluster Adapter Networks

The cards I have use BNC connectors. I am wondering where I could find cables and terminators.
  4. L

IBM PC/AT with EMEA

I sent some modules to the UK to be modded so they would work in the EMEA; since actual 1 meg modules I haven't been able to find, only the 512k and 256k modules. They came back, I put them in, the system counts up all the way, and nothing triggers a problem that prevents the post, the error...
  5. L

IBM PC/AT with EMEA

They're the modified 1 meg SIMM's so they work in the EMEA; I ran through and tested all SIMM's two at a time. Each set comes up with a different refresh error but not enough of a problem to stop booting.
  6. L

IBM PC/AT with EMEA

I'm trying to decipher this error message when running advanced diagnostics: REFRESH FAILURE 200002 0002 18:03:14 error - 12928KB MEMORY 203 What module on the EMEA could it be?
  7. L

IBM PC Cluster Adapter Networks

Does anyone here have any experience with these? I'm curious about the physical topology itself.
  8. L

Solid State Solutions for IBM PC 5170

Once upon a time, many moons ago I had a SIIG IDE controller (that's all it did) I haven't seen one on eBay since... Unless you have any recommendations as to a good adapter card that would not throw a fit.
  9. L

Solid State Solutions for IBM PC 5170

Hello Friends I've spent a good portion of today reading old threads on the XT-IDE being used in the 5162 or the 5170. Lot's of useful information there. The take away is that I'd have to use a non IBM BIOS in order to fully use the XT-IDE. If that isn't accurate please let me know. Has...
  10. L

Installing Xenix on a 5162 or 5170

Does anyone have the image of an updated 1.0 install disk? I guess I can find 2.0 images out there and try that.
  11. L

I am using the IBM PS/2 Display Adapter as the only display in the unit.
  12. L

I'm wondering if anyone has any success (or failures) installing Xenix on their 5162 or 5170. I was lucky to acquire from Computer Reset IBM's branded Xenix 1.0 with install media. I follow the instructions but during the first few steps of the install process the screen goes blank (loss of...
  13. L

Bootleg 5161

I'd like to know what would happen if you add more than 1 extender card as if you wanted to add more than 1 expansion unit? You probably can't, but wouldn't that be fascinating if you could?
  14. L

Memory Configuration Help on a 5170

The 5170 has 512K onboard with 128K backfill from an expansion card listed below with the other cards: 1. HD/FD Controller Card 2. IBM Personal System/2 Display Adapter 3. IBM 2.0 Megabyte Expanded Memory Adapter (provides the 128 to make 640) 4. IBM Enhanced Memory Expansion Adapter (also...
  15. L

New England IBM P/N: 6450238 Power Supply

This would be the power supply that I need to power the IBM PC Network Translator Unit, if anyone has it, please reach out. Thanks, Daniel
  16. L

New England IBM Voice Communications Option/Adapter

It is not the complete kit, doesn't include the cabling.
  17. L

New England IBM Voice Communications Option/Adapter

Specifically I'm looking for the cords for this card because the ports on the card are not RJ-11, they are either proprietary or some other connector type for which I am not familiar. If you only have the complete kit I'd also be interested in that... Thanks, Daniel
  18. L

IBM Cluster Adapter

I'm assuming you have probably found one by now, however if you didn't, let me know...
  19. L

MFM/RLL HDD spins and initializes but is not found by DOS

Is there no advanced diagnostics disc equivalent for this unit?
  20. L

5170 -- External floppy possible?

If you're willing to go 3rd party to get an external IBM drive, maybe procure a Backpack 3.5"?
Back