• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

WTB:360K DOS Disk

Hi, I'm trying to resurrect an old Zenith,but do not have an old enough DOS Disk(Up to DOS4) to try to Boot it with. Does anybody have one(Or could make one)to use? Thanx!!! cgrape2
  2. C

Samsung Sens 800 Laptop Memory

Hi all! I have acquired a Sens 800 and want to boost the 8MB of Memory up to the max of 40MB.It appears to use non standard memory modules that are sort of "L" shaped. Does anyone have experience with these Laptops? Or better yet one of the Modules to sell or trade? Thanks! cgrape2
  3. C

Tablet PCs Everthing Old is New Again!!

Well after some more "events" in December,I've regained some of my desire to Blog.OK,so be it! I'd like to talk about the evolution of the Tablet PCs.Sadly I don't own all that many anymore and I am having some difficulty remembering specific details.At any rate,lets begin.... The earliest one...
  4. C

1491 Discovery

What a fascinating book.I like the inclusion of verifiable facts that can be checked that support the author's conclusions. cgrape2
  5. C

Tablet PCs,How Old Can We Go?

I have become curious lately about the various Handhelds and early Tablets that are still around.I have a couple of functional ones (Compaq Concerto,Dauphin,Epson)and know that I am not alone in being interested in them. So,an open question and perhaps leading to some model specific discussions...
  6. C

Sorta Back in Action

(Sigh)It's been awhile since I was able to get online and do a "Blog" entry.Suffice to say,I have survived my Brain's worst and have bounced back in about 85% of my former self.With luck the other 15% will be along presently.That's the point of this activity after all. Currently I have a Zenith...
  7. C

Needed 1 DOS Boot Disk in 5.25"

Somehow I have managed to lose my copies of DOS in the 5.25" Floppy.The PC it will attempt to start probably uses the Low Density style and anything above DOS 3 is not going to work.At the moment I have no working Reader\Writers in that size. What do you-all have? Thanks! cgrape2
  8. C

Back From Purgatory

Well,it's been awhile since I was able to do more than just look at this Site.I must say that as much as things change,they stay the same....We still are all about the old PCs,their lore and equipment. My Medical issues have had me "Sidelined" for quite awhile,but some new Meds and treatments...
  9. C

The BEST!

I think all of those of us who are fans of "Obsolete Tech" have had a moment when all that is right and correct with the world has come to pass.An epiphany of function and purpose that has transcended the norm. Such an event has take place for me a few times.They are events that(For whatever...
  10. C

Collecting 1

With so many kinds of "Vintage PCs" to choose from.How then to select a focus?What to concentrate your efforts on?It's a question that just about any hobbyist has to face.There is just SO many things to get,that unless you have unlimited funds and a Warehouse for storage,just HAS to be faced...
  11. C

Tribbles

I've had a kinda maudlin tone in my Blogs of late.It's depressing sometimes to feel your intellect slipping...Today,I am going to put that person behind me and push ahead into the unknown. MY goal today is the "Tribbles" of Life.Every one of us has had annoying,cute,potentially deadly...
  12. C

Last Rites

We all have had the bad feelings brought on by the demise of a precious PC.What meaning can be had from it's final "Power On"?It's an affirmation of"Life" in it's most abstract form. The old PCs we cherish, are "Alive" to us in the abstract sense.We all enjoy the thrill of a successful boot...
  13. C

It's Official

Yes,it is official.I have suffered another TIA.Strange that it didn't wipe out a more used section of my memory this time.I'm lucky all that is gone is the ability to name songs.Well,that and some physical "twitches",that I never had before.I have to say that as "Events" go,this one is...
  14. C

Wanted PSfor Compaq LTE286

Somehow I've acquired two of these old PCs,but no PS.I'd like to attempt to power these things up.Does anyone have a spare PS they'd be will ing to sell or trade? Thanks! cgrape2
  15. C

EOL (End of Life)

EOL is the death sentence that PCs get when they have served their useful lives out.(IE:Tax Depreciation)It is a blessing and a curse to all of us who cherish the older PCs.When a PC hits the EOL it is then shipped off to a Recycler for it's last hurrah.If we are lucky,the recycler is like the...
  16. C

US Postal Service Mayhem,Part 1 (Coming to a Theatre Near YOU!!)

I have had some good and bad luck of late with the acquisition and shipment of Vintage and not so Vintage PCs.I had a shipment of 2 P3s a P1 and a 286 laptop arrive in deplorable condition.The US Postal Service really took great pains to ensure that these PCs had met the end of their lives...Or...
  17. C

New FS List Coming Soon from member "Midwest"

I just finished "talking" to the forum member"Midwest".He is getting together a list of Laptops he will offer to us for very little cash!A preview showed me An AST 386,Several 486 Thinkpads and some P2,P3 Toshibas,HPs and Compaqs. As I have had excellent dealings with him,I can say that we-all...
  18. C

And The Dead Shall Rise!!! Sometimes...

I wanted to write about the successful "Raising From the Dead" of my Toshiba T3200.Well,it's "Dead Jim".There is nothing obvious,everything looks good.The most natural place to start was the Power Supply.,then various traces,then started looking for a seprate fuse or breaker in the power...
  19. C

The "Shotgun" Approach

As I wind my way through my "New" life,I have come to a conclusion about how to accomplish the projects that have been begun.I have two modes.The first is "Total Immersion",where I concentrate all my effort on the project at hand.The problem with that is ,well...That's ALL I can do.None of my...
  20. C

Surgery

Whenever you open up a PC to have a look at the "Guts",you are taking a calculated risk.In my case,I get the added "fun" of forgetting how it all goes back together.Recently I took apart a Fujitsu TeamPad Tablet PC to "Find" the Hard Drive.Well I broke that sucker down into all of it's sub...
Back