• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

IBM Displaywriter

I worked with @shattered on the 6580 emulation in MAME and yes it is not finished and does not complete the startup sequence. It might be close to working but there were still many puzzles and things in the memory map to discover and implement in the emulator. You are likely better off decoding...
  2. N

IBM ps2 P70 portable repair thread

ahh. I see now, solidpro's pix showed that the cap-style are SMD too, I thought they were through-hole.
  3. N

IBM ps2 P70 portable repair thread

How are people removing the spindle motor so that the PCB can be taken out? is the green material some form of loctite? thanks.
  4. N

Third Party TCP for Xenix 286

I also would like to get something network related running on a 286 Unix; with Xenix I am hoping to find the Excelan 205 drivers, pieces of which appear to be around for the 386 era.
  5. N

Victor 9k / Sirius 1 Software

Thanks Paul for posting my interest in compiling a list of serial numbers. The current list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OE5PJbGZxNh9Wqni2jc3qq668rUd7gkAX1FHG8MgMYY/edit?usp=sharing Serial number analysis is a well known technique for historical inquiry (most will...
  6. N

CPU family tree - help needed

Interesting, certainly looks like a physical chip. There is a thread here from 1987, and as you can see no follow-up from the person claiming that it was released to market: https://groups.google.com/g/comp.arch/c/9Z6kS5ytRTU/m/8TrqL-hoS64J Still surprising that is has disappeared so...
  7. N

Good question. I don't know much about where these IBM branded CPUs were used. I would interpret them as third-source since AMD already had their license.
  8. N

@kuro68k Great effort, this will be quite useful to everyone to better understand how the families developed over time. My feedback: IBM was producing copies of the Intel 486 too: https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/80486/MANUF-IBM.html Zilog Z80000 - I still think this was only a paper-design...
  9. N

A BiiN 60 survived!

Hi David, did you contact FAU.de to see if there if any drives have been imaged on that machine? I can follow-up if needed, see if multiple inquiries prompt them?
  10. N

Victor 9000 / ACT Sirius 1 Software

Hi Brad, any idea what the "IBMulation" disks provide? is that emulating IBM style graphics or text mode? thanks.
  11. N

Anyone have a copy of GRiDBASIC?

Is the 10MB image from a GRiDServer? is it something you are able to share? thanks.
  12. N

Running IBM PC XENIX 1.0 in emulation

Have you tried pcjs? https://www.pcjs.org/machines/pcx86/ibm/5170/cga/
  13. N

Greetings from Tasmania, Australia...

Hi Richard, which part of the state are you in? I know of at least one person near Kingston who has a similar interest in Amiga etc.
  14. N

can anyone tell me more about this vintage computer?

Will you be able to take additional photos of the unit? it is fairly rare and unique, a photo gallery would be worth compiling. thanks.
  15. N

seeking NorthShare time-sharing system for North Star BASIC?

Silent700 recently acquired the reference manual for a time-sharing system known as NorthShare developed for a CP/M based North Star BASIC system. Out of curiosity I went looking for the NorthShare software but so far it is proving elusive. Does anyone happen to have a copy? I think I've...
  16. N

IBM Displaywriter

Thanks Jan for sharing the photos, I will add the MS-DOS one here. I wonder what the story is behind this port? the screen shows: MS-DOS Loader Version 4.00.07-f2 for the IBM Displaywriter System 480 Kb bytes Displaywriter System Memory Present This systems software contains the proprietary...
  17. N

IBM Displaywriter printer cable pinouts

Never had my hands on the printer part of a Displaywriter system so not familiar with the cable configuration. I'm guessing you've looked at this already? Page from this manual: http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/6580_Displaywriter/S241-6248-2_Displaywriter_6360_6580_Product_Support_Manual_May1982.pdf
  18. N

seeking DECnet for Rainbow Version 1.1

If anyone has a copy of DECnet for Rainbow (PC100) version 1.1? I would be glad to get a copy please. DECnet for Rainbow Version 1.0 exists and there are three versions of DECnet for DOS (which is not compatible with the Rainbow), but we are missing version 1.1 of DECnet for Rainbow.
  19. N

seeking Model 16 mainboard upgrade for a Model 12

A good friend is sending me a couple of Model 12s and I had an idea that it would be fun to upgrade one of them to a Model 16 so I can run Xenix. Anyone happen to have one they would like to negotiate about? thanks.
  20. N

keycaps: NOSCROLL and SETUP keys for DEC VT100 style keyboard

Keys found Keys found Thanks to John Wilson who saved the day and kindly sent me the missing keycaps. As the picture shows my GiGi is now complete.
Back