• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Artifacts of early wireless internet. Metrocom - Ricochet stuff. Cheap.

Just two modifications / updates: I need to put a deadline for these items to get them cleared out of here one way or another. Friday Sept 27, 2013. If anyone wants only the discs and manuals, $5.00 to anywhere in the USA. I don't mind mailing these internationally, but shipping costs may...
  2. B

PC/104 boards and radio test equipment

Don't know if any of you guys are interested in programmable boards, but I've got 7 of them listed for dirt cheap. Some are known to have comm problems. I call them PC-104 boards because one of them is, but the others... I have no idea. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181216277779 I've also got...
  3. B

Semi - Vintage 3DZ wireless game controller, by Pegasus. Win 95 and Win 98.

I listed this at eBay, and thought someone here might at least get a kick out of seeing it. Ad copy printed on the box:The 3DZ is the industry's first real 3D Positioning and Tracking device. Simply move your hand through space and control your character on screen. The 3DZ allows for full...
  4. B

Artifacts of early wireless internet. Metrocom - Ricochet stuff. Cheap.

Found this in a storage area at work and have to sell it or toss it. Ricochet was apparently an early wireless internet service available in some cities. Long defunct, but historically interesting. Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricochet_%28Internet_service%29 I'm guessing...
  5. B

Vintage Hayes modem accessories. $2

For sale: Accessories for a vintage Hayes modem. No modem, accessories only. Includes: Original box in good condition. Install CD, like new Install 3.5" floppy, like new Power cable splitter, never used SATA cable, never used Modem-to-Serial cable. Like new. Telephone cable Promotional CDs...
  6. B

386 laptop by Zeos

I was instructed to sell off some old electrical and computer equipment from the small science company where I work. One of the "goodies" I thought you guys might be interested in is a vintage Zeos laptop. To my surprise it powered on (with the brick attached) and booted into DOS; I later...
  7. B

Soldering station for home? Hakko?

What sort of soldering stations do you guys have for home use? Specifically, is anyone familiar with Hakko products, like the FX-888? At work I use a OKI and I've been around the Metcal stations, but I don't want to spend that much for occasional home use.
  8. B

Happy Fourth of July

Here in the USA it's out mid-summer holiday, a day to fly the flags and celebrate our nation's origins and the dedication, wisdom, and courage of our country's founders. So what sort of 4th of July celebrations are going on in your hometowns today? Here in Raton, New Mexico this weekend is our...
  9. B

Gateway 400SD4, power brick and battery

Someone brought me a Gateway laptop with the power jack broken from the motherboard. There could certainly be additional problems too. The original owner isn't interested in having it repaired, so I'm thinking of ganking the hard drive, RAM, and processor, and chucking the rest in the trash...
  10. B

Vintage Amiga used as evidence in court case

Amiga 1000 was used as evidence of prior art in a recent technology patent lawsuit: http://www.osnews.com/story/23300/_My_Amiga_Killed_a_Troll_ "Apparently my habits of being an eclectic collector of historic computer gadgetry and my work in restoring a 1986 Amiga 1000 system to its...
  11. B

Obsolete computer books, like new. Linux, Java, Windows, etc.

I've got a small pile of books here, each in like-new condition. Practically any offer will be accepted, provided it at least covers the cost of shipping via Media Mail. The Complete Reference: Front Page 2000. 953 pages, by Osborne books (McGraw Hill). Includes reference CD that's never...
  12. B

"Worthless Pile of Junk"

I've been posting and reading here for some time, but never got around to taking and uploading photos of my Collection. So here it is, the machines currently laying around, alternatively titled, "Pardon My Beige." Compaq Portable. Saved this from the trash last week, and with the help of...
  13. B

Trade or Sale: semi-vintage software, Dragon Naturally Speaking 6

I gave these a last-minute reprieve from the dumpster. Total of two available. This is Dragon Naturally Speaking 6 by ScanSoft, practically new-in-box condition. Looks like someone opened the boxes to check the contents but never bothered to install. Each box contains: - CD, never opened...
  14. B

Apple II GS cases

A friend heard that I like to work on old computers and excitedly called me to pick up some up. It turned out to be a couple of Apple IIGS computer cases, nothing usable to me and nothing that could be cannibalized into a working machine. The first has a motherboard, Apple SCSI card, and...
  15. B

Trade or Sale: Sun 411 tape backup

This is a Sun model 411 tape backup machine. Seems you connect it to a Sun computer or server and backup that machine's data to a tape. Condition: It's obviously used. But the case is in excellent condition with no scratches or cracks. The interior is pristine, as if never previously...
  16. B

For Sale or Trade: Math 77, FORTRAN software, DOS

Sorry folks, this item is now traded away. Thanks for reading. Saved this from a dumpster if anyone can use it. If not, back to the dumpster it goes. This is the DOS version of, "Math 77, Mathematical Subprograms for FORTRAN 77." Includes thick paperback book, three 3.5" floppy disks, and...
  17. B

WANTED: system disk for Compaq Portable I

Saved a Compaq Portable, the first model, from the scrap heap today. No one else even knew what it was or even how to open it. :D It's in OK condition on the outside, but the inside looks great. Better yet, it boots to a prompt for a system disk, which I don't happen to have. Anyone have...
  18. B

TRADE: Dell XPS 400 case

GONE. Thanks for reading. Anyone need this case? Condition is excellent and all specialized clips, cables, and air ducts are intact and included. PSU and motherboard are installed, but one or the other (perhaps both) are bad. There is also a dial-up modem left installed. Not...
  19. B

Vintage IBM printers

I have two old IBM printers I'd like to get rid of. Doubt they're good for anything, but since they are genuine IBM-brand products I thought to give you guys a chance. Maybe someone collects IBM products or needs one for a display... Free for pickup (in Raton, New Mexico), or pay shipping, or...
  20. B

WTBB: Socket 478 motherboard

Wanted to Beg/Buy: If anyone comes across one in a salvage/junk piles, I could use a motherboard for a Pentium 4 (socket 478 ) . I do not need processor, RAM, etc., only a motherboard. I would prefer an ATX form factor with an AGP card slot, and to not to have onboard sound or graphics. But...
Back