• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. offensive_Jerk

Another Rifa goes out in a blaze of glory

Kind of funny, I just got that Apple in the mail today and was going to immediately replace the rifa, but was too anxious to power test the machine. I got side tracked with the intermittent keyboard, then I heard the dreaded noise. I grabbed the computer and ran outside. When those blow, they...
  2. offensive_Jerk

Another Rifa goes out in a blaze of glory

I'll join you in Valhalla, brother!!!
  3. offensive_Jerk

Looking for PDF manual of AST sixpakplus with battery in the center

Turns out I recently acquired a PC with the same card that has the battery in the middle of the board. The manual that shows the battery on top of the board seems to apply to this card as well. At least for the switch settings and port enable headers.
  4. offensive_Jerk

BIOS SETUP utility inside IBM PC/AT ROM

Your suggestion worked! Here's my poor man's eprom eraser. Confirmed it was erased in the software.
  5. offensive_Jerk

I ordered a uv-c light from Amazon, we'll see how that works
  6. offensive_Jerk

Mystery ISA card with z80

Saw this in the file 00000327WALL DATADCF-1800AV40.10000327 COPYRIGHT (C) 1985 BY WALL DATA, INC
  7. offensive_Jerk

Mystery ISA card with z80

I dumped the ROM just for fun if anyone has interest.
  8. offensive_Jerk

Just got a used ARLABS EPROM+ in the mail today. I think I can use some 27c256 eproms I yanked from a different board, but have to get a uv-c lamp first to erase them. I finally have programming power!
  9. offensive_Jerk

IBM ISA 16 BIT 16/4 Token Ring Adapter issues

You don't have any address conflict with the card?
  10. offensive_Jerk

Can anyone recommend a cheap 27256 programmer? Seems like a good project to start programming ROMs.
  11. offensive_Jerk

Is there any quality difference between commercially produced floppies and floppies made on home computer?

Thanks for the link. That sure does not look like what I thought it would. Reminds me of a Marshall half stack.
  12. offensive_Jerk

Is there any quality difference between commercially produced floppies and floppies made on home computer?

I didn't automatically assume, I said it 'may' be more reliable, and then asked if that was indeed the case. But that does make sense, how data is interpreted on a floppy isn't all that much different than pits on a CD.
  13. offensive_Jerk

Yeah this is a long the lines of what I was wondering. So the quality of the write may have been better and faster than a 'home user's' drive. Do the higher write currents produce a more 'reliable' write to the magnetic media? What do the duplicators look like? I assume they are 'headless'...
  14. offensive_Jerk

Do commercially produced floppies (let's say IBM formatted 360k disks for simplicity's sake) offer any quality advantage over if you were to just create a floppy from your own PC? I'm not even sure what technology was used to produce software back in the day, but curious if it is any better...
  15. offensive_Jerk

RTC ISA 8 bits (Very Low Profile)

Soldering isnt a problem for a project like this, but I don't have the programmer
  16. offensive_Jerk

Question on this floppy drive connector

I just measured a terminator resistor I took out of a Tandon 360k IBM branded drive. 150ohms. It looked like the one in your picture except yellow.
  17. offensive_Jerk

Question on this floppy drive connector

You could just do what Romanon did in that thread, and just shove some resistors in the socket once someone can confirm the value.
Back