• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. RichCini

Converting Cromemco IMD disks to a flat file question

All -- I'm attempting to use a Cromemco emulator (https://www.sydneysmith.com/wordpress/run-cdos/) as part of some work I'm doing with the 86-DOS project. The emulator seems to use only flat/binary files and I can't seem to get the ImageDisk incantation right to convert available CDOS disk...
  2. RichCini

Remote file downloading examples for TOPS-10

All -- Back in this thread (DEC-10: connecting remote sites and usage in 20HAL) from a few years ago, I mentioned reverse engineering an old tool used during the development of MS-DOS 1 and the IBM-PC (described on my web site here). I've made much progress since then (but missed the...
  3. RichCini

Unix printing problems

All -- I'm making progress getting my IPX configured -- this weekend I was working on getting network printers to work, but not having much success yet. Here's what I've done so far, so maybe someone can tell me where I've gone sideway with it. I have a Canon IP-enabled printer that can print...
  4. RichCini

BASIC interpreter for SunOS 4.1.4/Solaris 1.1.2

All -- Not sure if this belongs here or in Vintage Software, but I'm playing around with my IPX and wondered if there was a BASIC interpreter someone developed for that platform. Most of what I'm finding in my searches are for more current platforms (Windows, Linux) than SunOS from 1997. I may...
  5. RichCini

Is anyone from Lomas Data Products on-forum?

All -- For a few months, I've been working on a replica of the Lomas Color Magic video board so I can use it with my Gazelle. Since I couldn't find one of my own, I decided to build a replica, and I borrowed a board from a friend so I could try to read the PALs. These PALs have the security...
  6. RichCini

Just picked-up an IPX - question about RTC and SunOS

All -- I just picked up a nice-condition IPX that I've already replaced the NVRAM battery with a carrier board from Glitchwrks (highly recommended BTW) and now I have an odd problem when booting into SunOS. Last night I was able to boot into SunOS, and I tried setting the date, but it wouldn't...
  7. RichCini

Reversing PALs for various S100 boards

All -- I'm in the process of recreating the Lomas Color Magic board (https://github.com/RichCini/LomasBoards/tree/main/Color%20Magic) and what's holding me up at this point is re-creating the secured PALs. There are 5 PALs and as of now, I can only get a clean reconstruction of one by using the...
  8. RichCini

Macintosh 128k logic board schematics

All -- I have a question about the Mac logic board schematics. There's a version of a schematic posted on Folklore.org (https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Macintosh_Prototypes.txt&sortOrder=Sort+by+Date&topic=Hardware+Design) that's what I'd call a "flags" version...
  9. RichCini

EMI Damper on 128k/512k system board

All -- I could swear that there was a thread recently about the EMI dampers on the Macintosh (128k/512k) motherboards, but for the life of me, I can't find it. On the board, they're labeled "CRL 8545L" (DIP20) and I imagine they're either an RC or LC damper, but Googling that number doesn't...
  10. RichCini

Commodore packaging fonts

All -- Does anyone know the name of fonts used on Commodore's packaging? There was a sans serif outline block font used for the item number, like "VIC-1541", and then a different one used for the item, like "SINGLE FLOPPY DISK" (which might be Microgramma). I've been looking at Google images...
  11. RichCini

Mid Atlantic WTB: Data 20 Display Manager board

All -- I'm working on a reproduction of the Data 20 Display Manager 40-column display board for the VIC-20. I have most of what I need to frame out the project from pictures, but I really could use an original board for testing and trace analysis. If anyone has one that they would be willing to...
  12. RichCini

40-Column boards for the VIC-20

All -- I've been working on a few VIC-20 projects recently (https://github.com/RichCini) and recently I came across a 40-column cartridge from Data20 (the Display Manager cartridge) that I thought would be good to reproduce. A fellow list member is going to send me some pictures and try to dump...
  13. RichCini

Looking for STDBUS manuals

All -- I'm looking for two manuals for a 3-card STDBUS system that I didn't realize I had. I'm looking for the Pro-Log 7805-1 (8085A; later revision than what's on Bitsavers as it uses 2kx8 RAM rather than 1kx1 RAM) and a CDI FLP-380 8" floppy controller. Not sure what vendor is CDI. Thanks! Rich
  14. RichCini

Help with creating binary-identical output from old source

All -- I'm reconstructing a piece of old Microsoft code called 20HAL (project is on my Web site) and I'm getting stuck on one point about displacement sizes. I'm trying to get the code to compile to a binary-exact copy, not just work-alike. The original code is the following, with a 16-bit...
  15. RichCini

Recursing directories in plain old DOS (not NT)

All -- I'm working on a Windows 3.1-related project which has a folder with say 20 subdirectories, each with the code (and makefile) for a driver. The compiler package is in the path, so my idea was to use a "for" loop to traverse into each folder, run NMAKE, then go to the next folder. I've...
  16. RichCini

Old Microsoft linker file formats

All -- I have some very old symbol files from Windows 1. Without having to spin-up a VM with a really old development environment in it, does anyone have a pointer to the format of the old Microsoft linker MAP/SYM file formats? I might try to write an off-line dumper/browser (which of course...
  17. RichCini

Audio cassette formats

All -- A gentleman from France sent me an audio recording (PCM/WAV) of a section from a Tarbell cassette to try to process into bytes. I developed a program long ago (with a lot of help from Bob Grieb) which uses a software ADC and software UAR/T to take a PCM audio stream (the MITS 88-ACR...
  18. RichCini

DEC-10: connecting remote sites and usage in 20HAL

All -- I'm currently working on a project that's tangentially related to TOPS-10/PDP-10 that I need some help in deciphering. With the impending 40th anniversary of the PC, I started investigating one very small part of it, a program called "20HAL" which is a PC-based program used between...
  19. RichCini

LSI-11 Simulator: which verison of RT-11 to use?

All -- I am in the process of cleaning out my shop and was going through a box (one of several) of articles I ripped out of magazines. I found one from Circuit Cellar called "LSI-11 Simulator on a Personal Computer" by Bob Meister. I was also able to locate the code on-line (but it's hard to...
  20. RichCini

Maslin CompuPro CP/M disk images question

All -- One of my many projects is getting 8" CP/M running on a test Z80 system as a prelude to getting it running on my IMSAI (my IMSAI has a kind of flaky backplane, so it doesn't always work well). I have a ton of boards, so I can shift things around a bit. For this, I have a Cromemco Z80...
Back