• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Old 6502 From My Parts Drawer

I've got a rough old 6502 from my parts drawer that I pulled out last night. I hadn't realized it was quite so old. I've been picking around it for decades, it got its legs bent under but I believe it to be functional (or at least it was moments before the legs got bent.) I'm carefully pulling...
  2. S

Micro Link STD-147 ROM and CP/M?

I've come by a nice box of Micro Link Z-80 based controller stuff, including an STD bus card cage and a bunch of cards, including a couple of STD 147 CPU cards, a couple of 15kHz video cards, at least one floppy disk controller and a whole slew of 64 channel TTL I/O cards. However, no software...
  3. S

Kenmore Computer Technologies ZTime-1--got hardware, need disks/info

Hey all, I've got a ZTime-1 board, populated, that I'd like to add to my Ampro LB+. I found the review in TCJ #24, so I've got a good idea what it is and the generalities of how it works. The article mentions extensive documentation and a utilities disk that sets and reads time as well as...
  4. S

BASCOM Manual PDF?

Can anyone point me to a PDF of the Microsoft BASCOM manual(s)? I've checked the usual places (that I know of) and done fruitless searches on Google (might as well have been Yahoo! circa 1999), but no luck yet. I've got the BASIC-80 reference manual downloads, but they don't include the BASCOM...
  5. S

Home Serial BBS Network?

I'm looking at improving my means for moving software around between my newer and older non-PC systems. Presently, I'm using a "sneakernet" that has me putting software on PC floppy, reading that on my Ampro Z-80, and writing whatever CP/M format from there. Apple II and Commodore software goes...
  6. S

Osborne-1 Screen-Pac Disk?

My new Osborne-1 has the Screen-Pac (80/104 column video) expansion in it, but the disk with the drivers isn't present. I haven't found an image online yet, or mentioned in my searches here. Is there one someone can point me to? Edit: As it turns out, the "Extended Utilities Disk" I got with...
  7. S

It's 1976. What's on Your Holiday Gift List?

Imagine it's today's date, but in year 1976. You're thinking about getting your first computer, or talking the folks into getting it for you. What would you ask for? Budget: Pick one or more set-ups for what you'd want depending on your budget level, either: low budget (up to $250), medium...
  8. S

Ampro Little Board Site

I've just posted a small site on the Ampro Little Board, a Z-80 system from 1984: http://saundby.com/electronics/AmproLB/ I've got ad scans from the time showing what got folks excited about this system, comparisons to the Big Boards, specs, info on included software, and info on my system as...
  9. S

Some of what I'm up to--showing some of what I've got.

I've just finished a blog post on what I'm up to with my computers this summer. Well, some of it, anyway. I've posted some pics of some of my systems and part of my set up and my electronics bench (temporarily covered in clutter when I took the pic.) Have a look...
  10. S

VT-102 Service Info?

I got a new desk this week that's a little wider, so I had enough room to bring my VT-102 out of the garage and swap it in for the not-as-nice ADDS 2020 terminal I was using. Unfortunately, while the VT-102 display is much nicer than the ADDS, the characters are currently taller on the lines at...
  11. S

Strange Things We Say

I'll admit to having an arm's-length relationship with popular culture. But sometimes it goes beyond that. I usually greet my wife at the door when she gets home from work. Last night I was busy. But I wanted to let her know I'd be there presently, so I hollered out, "I'll be right there just...
  12. S

Unknown Z-80 SBC

I've got a couple of boards for a Z-80 single board computer--one bare, one populated--that I don't know the identity of. Anyone here know what these are? More detailed images can be seen at http://saundby.com/electronics/unkz80.html. Thanks.
  13. S

Ampro Little Board Plus Fired Up--Now for a HDD

I have an Ampro Little Board Plus that's been sitting in a box since Dave Baldwin gave it to me some time ago. Tonight I finally hooked it up to a power supply, drives, and a terminal and whaddayaknow...it came up just fine, once I got the drives, jumpers, power supplies, cables, etc. sorted...
Back