• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. tingo

Northern Europe Norsk Data ND-100 Compact

I used COSMOS a bit before tcp/ip became popular.
  2. tingo

Also, a friend of mine (user RHansen on NDwiki) has made a ND-100 emulator which is working quite well. And simh has the start of ND100 support https://github.com/open-simh/simh/tree/master/ND100
  3. tingo

Hi, and welcome! Have you checked out NDwiki yet? It contains the knowledge a few people (myself included) have been able to gather about Norsk Data, the machines and the software. Also, sintran.com (which is run by an ex-ND employee) contains a lot of great info. The 8-inch floppies can...
  4. tingo

Osborne 1 + Gotek Floppy Emulator SUCCESS!

Aw, and you are not allowed to use the 3D printers if you are a guest? Do they allow guests?
  5. tingo

Osborne 1 + Gotek Floppy Emulator SUCCESS!

If there is a makerspace local to you they might help you out. Most of them have 3D printers, and are happy to help people learn new things. Be warned; lots of things at a makerspace are interesting and could end up taking away parts of your free time.
  6. tingo

What happens when an Altair hits an octal number higher than 377?

Don't take it personal - but it's all public in here; we're all talking in this thread. Just because your post was the previous one doesn't make something personal about you.
  7. tingo

Altair 8800 boot issues

What? That people can't (or don't bother to) read properly?
  8. tingo

Western Europe 2x Mitsubishi ED 3.5" Disk drives (2.88mb).

Too expensive. There aren't very many ED floppies around to read either.
  9. tingo

Southern Europe Wts Hdd stock vintage

Apparently you can't be bothered to make a written list either.
  10. tingo

ELIZA on RT-11: which?

Are you trying to implement Forth in VLISP, Dave? :-D
  11. tingo

My floppy remapper project, version 2

If you ask a company to produce a bare board for you ("PCB"), you will need to supply them with the gerber files. These are files that define the layers that make up the board, and holes (if any) in the drill file / drill files. If you ask the company to also assemble the components and produce...
  12. tingo

MAI 4101/310-01240

Nice progress! Thanks for sharing!
  13. tingo

Canon Object.station

I hadn't heard of this one before, but Old-computers.com has an entry: https://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=1153&st=1 So, a 486 PC designed to run NextStep. Interesting. More places with information...
  14. tingo

What to run on mainframes?

Yes, the IBM employees in question were those of IBM in Norway (long before my time as an IBMer).
  15. tingo

Sigh, if you want to split hairs, I was the one who dragged IBM into this thread. But this thread is about mainframes. So the only point I was trying to make was that for IBM (the company), the gamechanger for IBM employees when it came to usage of the (IBM) mainframe, was APL as it allowed them...
  16. tingo

I should have specified - IBM mainframes (which is what this thread is about). Also, this was what IBMers (IBM employees) had access to; customers of IBM might have a different world view.
  17. tingo

Pictures of the Tandberg TDV-2114

Ohh, nice!
  18. tingo

Damsel and Doctor in Distress

Since it is a 6586-45H it should have a Pentium, most likely Pentium 90 MHz. Source: http://ps-2.kev009.com/psref/dwbook.pdf
  19. tingo

For IBM APL was the game changer; before APL everything was batch jobs - you submitted a job and picked up results later. APL gave you interactive sessions at the computer. (This all from a colleague, back when I worked at IBM).
Back